ELSSOCMIN › Spain, Aurelio Fernandez Lopez, Adviser of the Secretary of State for Social Security
- Adviser of the Secretary of State for Social Security
- Chairman of the EU Social Protection Committee (since January 2009- January 2011).
- High Level Expert of the Spanish Social Security Administration.
- Chairman of the United Nations Commission for Social Development (1998 - 2000).
- Spanish Commissioner for the Second World Assembly on Ageing of the United Nations (2001-2002).
- Member of the High-Level Task- Force of the Council of Europe on Social Cohesión in Europe, responsible of the Report: “Towards an active, fair and socially cohesive Europe”.
- Councellor for Social Afffairs of the Permanent Mission of Spain before the United Nations in Viena (1991-1994) and New York ( 1994-2000 ).
- Spanish delegate, during the years aboved mentioned, in the Third Committe of the General Assembly, the Economic and Social Council, several Functional Commissions of ECOSOC, including the Commission for Social Development and the Commission on the Status of Women, and the Unicef Executive Board.
- Spanish representative in different Committees of the Council of Europe: the Steering Committee on Prevention and Rehabilitation 2003; the Steering Committee for Social Security (1986,1987,1988), President of the Committee of Experts on "Flexibility of the Retirement Age" (1987-1988).
- Spanish coordinator of the Second Ministerial Conference of Minister of the Council of Europe responsible for policies for persons with disabilities. (Malaga 2003).