The 2018 IP Statistics for Decision Makers (IPSDM) conference will take place in Alicante, Spain, co-organised by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The IPSDM conference aims to discuss how intellectual property data, statistics and analysis are used and can be used to inform decision-makers in both the public and private sectors, and to identify key information needs and possible shortcomings. The 2018 edition calls for IP data and empirical evidence related to:
- IP and the digital transformation: the role of IP for Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, Blockchains and Fintech.
- IP bundles and the knowledge economy: which challenges? Which opportunities?
- IPR, standards and standard setting mechanisms.
- Trademarks and designs: the role of IP for branding and for service and creative industries.
- International IP systems and IP in the EU single market.
- IP valuation methods and the market for IP rights.
- Science-industry links, university technology transfer and the role of IP.
- IPRs and SMEs: barrier to entry and growth or performance enablers?
- Violation of IP rights: counterfeiting, piracy and copyright infringement.
- Creative commons and open source: challenge or complement to the IPR system?
- IP Offices’ practices impact on the efficiency and outcomes of IP systems.