RPCA › Meetings
At the restricted RPCA meeting, held on 8-9 April 2013 at the OECD headquarters, network members discussed the final results of the 2012/13 agricultural campaign and made recommendations to protect the most vulnerable populations. The Senior Experts Group examined and approved a revised version of the regional roadmap of the Global Alliance for Resilience Initiative (AGIR). Development partners decided to establish a Co-ordinating Platform of Technical and Financial Partners (PTFP/AGIR) to support the implementation of the Alliance and facilitate the co-ordination of their actions in the area of resilience within the 17 member countries of ECOWAS, UEMOA and CILSS. The PTFP will soon elaborate an inventory of partners' current resilience-building interventions in order to improve the co-ordination and effectiveness of actions at all levels.
The annual meeting allows stakeholders to define the strategic orientations of the Network’s priority work areas, and to strengthen the co-ordination and synergy of on-going actions.
- 29th Annual meeting, Abidjan, (Côte d'Ivoire), 25-27 November 2013
- 28th Annual meeting, Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), 4-6 December 2012
- 27th Annual meeting, Praia (Cape Verde), 8-10 December 2011
- 26th Annual meeting, Accra (Ghana), 14-16 December 2010
- 25th Annual meeting, Bamako (Mali), 8-11 December 2009
- 24th Annual meeting, Dakar (Senegal), 25-28 November 2008
- 23rd Annual meeting, Brussels, 27-30 November 2007
The restricted meeting in April offers a valuable opportunity for dialogue between the region’s leaders and the international community on food security issues, as well as the necessary political and financial responses.