The annual meeting allows stakeholders to define the strategic orientations of the Network’s priority work areas, and to strengthen the co-ordination and synergy of on-going actions. The meeting ususally takes place every month of November/December and is jointly organised by the Executive Secretariat of the Permanent Interstate Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS) and the Secretariat of the Sahel and West Africa Club (SWAC/OECD) under the patronage of ECOWAS and UEMOA. This event also offers an occasion to assess the preliminary prospects of the current agro-pastoral campaign and to analyse the food and nutrition situation, in order to convene in advance on the necessary measures to prevent possible crisis situations.
- 29th Annual meeting, Abidjan, (Côte d'Ivoire), 25-27 November 2013
- 28th Annual meeting, Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), 4-6 December 2012
- 27th Annual meeting, Praia (Cape Verde), 8-10 December 2011
- 26th Annual meeting, Accra (Ghana), 14-16 December 2010
- 25th Annual meeting, Bamako (Mali), 8-11 December 2009
- 24th Annual meeting, Dakar (Senegal), 25-28 November 2008
- 23rd Annual meeting, Brussels, 27-30 November 2007
The restricted meeting in April offers a valuable opportunity for dialogue between the region’s leaders and the international community on food security issues, as well as the necessary political and financial responses. Organised by the SWAC Secretariat, it takes place at the OECD headquarters in Paris.