netFWD › Modus Operandi: Working Groups
Modus Operandi: Working Groups
Effective Venture Philanthropy (EVP)
- Unique forum on venture philanthropy focused on cutting-edge exchanges on how to make venture philanthropy more effective while influencing policy through its access to OECD policy makers.
- Transparent exchanges on how to optimise social capital through catalytic philanthropy.
- Sharing lessons learned (good and bad practices) and exploring new strategic models that can deliver more impact.
- Sponsor / mentor for smaller venture philanthropists, invited to join by members of this WG.
- Members of this WG must share the following features:
- Demonstrated track record in venture philanthropy;
- Holistic approach to development challenges (“taking responsibility for achieving results’’);
- Favouring cross-sector collaborations and mobilising different stakeholders to create shared solutions;
- Use of unconventional tools for social change (e.g. corporate resources, investment capital, lobbying, etc.);
- Gathering knowledge about the problems being tackled to inform their own action and influence that of other stakeholders in order to have an effect on the enabling environment
Innovative Thematic Philanthropy (ITP)
- Members engage in policy discussions and exchange knowledge, lessons and identifying good practice on:
- Themes of mutual interest (e.g. education and skills, governance, health, inclusive and sustainable growth, youth empowerment);
- Innovative ways to contribute to key development outcomes;
- How to optimise results and impact.
- Members share the core values of:
- Focus on innovation;
- Supporting integrity and competence, as key elements of trust building;
- Ability to leverage resources for more synergies and effective action;
- Acting as brokers to enable effective collaboration.