IMHE General Conference 2004 › Who's Who: Speakers
Conference Chair: Mats Ola Ottosson, Chair of the IMHE Governing Board and University Director, Uppsala University, Sweden
MONDAY, 13 SEPTEMBER
* Ambassador Richard A. Boucher, Deputy Secretary-General of the OECD
* Michael Gibbons, Secretary General, Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
* Vin Massaro, Executive Dean, Melbourne University Private, Australia
Panel: Reforms in national systems of governance and funding
* Robin Middlehurst, Professor, University of Surrey, U.K.
* René Bugge Bertramsen, Deputy Director, Ministry of Science,Technology and Innovation, Denmark
* Salvador Malo, General Director, CENEVAL, Mexico
* Elie Cohen, Conseiller, DRIC, Ministère de l’Éducation nationale,
de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche, France
* Akiyoshi Yonezawa, Professor, NIAD-UE, Japan
* Hyun Chong Lee, Secretary General, KCUE, Korea
Panel: Innovative approaches to access and equity
* Nigel French, Principal Consultant, N & S Consulting Services, U.K.
* Richard Descoings, Director, IEP, Paris, France
* Michael Conlon, Director of Research, Canadian Federation of Students, Canada
* James Cemmell, Representative of ESIB
* Inge-Bert Täljedal, Rector, Umeå University, Sweden
* Petr Mateju, Vice-President for Research at the Anglo-American College, Prague, Czech Republic
TUESDAY, 14 SEPTEMBER
Keynote address : Alan Johnson, Minister of State for Lifelong Learning Further andHigher Education, U.K.
Panel: New knowledge, research and knowledge creation
* Chris Duke, Director, Community & Regional Partnerships RMIT, Australia
* John Goddard, Deputy Vice-Chancelor, University of Newcastle, U.K.
* Karen Paulson, Senior Associate at the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS )
WEDNESDAY, 15 SEPTEMBER
Panel: New mission and strategies for institutions
* Ruth Dunkin, Vice-Chancellor, RMIT, Australia
* Ellen Hazelkorn, Director, Faculty of Applied Arts, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
* Michael Harloe, Vice Chancellor, University of Salford, U.K.
* Maurits van Rooijen, Director, University of Leiden, Netherlands and Vice-President, University of Westminster, U.K.
Closing Plenary Session: Barry McGaw, Director for Education, OECD