IMHE 2006 › Biographie Justin Fenech
University of Malta - Masters in Financial Services (currently being followed)
• B.A. Legal and English
• Diploma of Notary Public
• L.L.D (Doctorate of Laws)
• Diploma of “Teaching of English as a foreign Language” (T.E.F.L.)
• Winner of Young Enterprise’s Company of the Year and Best Quality Product Award (Malta). Maltese representative for the European Finals of Young Enterprise in Israel.
• After staging, directing and acting in various plays, won the Malta Amateur Dramatics Club - Most Promising Actor.
• Participated in Mini European Assembly
• KSU’s representative to the MedNet Conference in Paris, France.
• KSU’s representative and Workshop Chair on Mobility at the SCIM Conference in Slovenia (2004).
• Chairperson of MedNet’s 1st Board Meeting held in Malta
• Elected as Finance Manager of the Maltese National Youth Council (KNZ).
• Elected to ESIB’s Executive Committee at ESIB’s 47th Board Meeting held in Talinn, Estonia. Also participated in the ESIB Seminar "Changing Chairs - Graduates in the Labour Market"
• ESIB delegate to the 8th European Student Convention "Building a democratic University"
• ESIB delegate to the Moldovan Cooperation Project Meeting in Moldova: “Partnership for Student Rights and Democracy”.
• ESIB delegate to the Bologna Follow-Up seminar: "The social dimension of higher education facing world-wide competition", organised by the French Ministry of Education and ESIB.
• Elected as Financial Manager of the Maltese National Youth Council (KNZ).
• ESIB delegate and speaker to the Education International Conference “From Bologna to Bergen: A mid-term review from the Academics’ point of view”.
• ESIB delegate and speaker to the MED-NET 2nd Board Meeting and Conference on “Mobility in the Mediterranean – The North & South perspective”.
• ESIB Student Convention on “The Financing of Higher Education” organized by UNEL and ACEL in Luxemburg.
• ESIB delegate to the 3rd EUA Convention on “Strong Universities for Europe”.
• ESIB delegate to Helios seminar on “E-Learning and Access”
• ESIB delegate to the OBESSU Annual General Meeting [European post-secondary students umbrella organization]
• ESIB delegate and speaker to the European Pharmacy Student Association (EPSA) Congress on “Pharmacy and E-Learning”.
• ESIB delegate to the Conference “The Bologna Process: Bergen and Beyond” and Board Meeting 48 organized by STL & NSU in Norway.
• ESIB delegate and speaker to the European Commission conference on “Towards an E-Learning Society”
• ESIB delegate and speaker to the OECD conference on the “Thematic Review of Tertiary Education”
• ESIB delegate to the ESIB Summer University organized by CSC in Croatia
• ESIB delegate and speaker to the OECD conference on “E-learning in Post-secondary Education: Policies, Practices and Research” organized in Canada.
• ESIB delegate to the ESIB Equality Working Group organized by VVS-UNES-USU and LSS. Speaker at the national congress of LSS
• ESIB delegate and workshop chair at the training conference on “The Lisbon Strategy” organized by FZS in Germany
• ESIB responsible for the Study visit to LSAS in Lithuania
• ESIB delegate and workshop chair at the Conference “European Citizenship and Education” and Board Meeting 49 organized by FAGE in France.
• ESIB Student Convention on “Research and Doctorial Studies” organized by NUS in the UK.
• Elected at Chairperson of ESIB for 2006.
2000-2003: Part-time Teacher of English to Foreign Students at the English Language Insitute (NSTS)
2005: Part-time Director Corporate Affairs at the NSTS - Youth and Travel. Job involves corporate relations with other NGOs, team building and the fostering of a student-first perspective within the various sections of the organization.