- Systematic orientation for work and studies by student companies
- Rationale and general information
Lenné-Potsdam has an elaborated career orientated concept which is coordinated, reflected and developed further through the subject „Economics, Work, Technology" (WAT). With high involvement of partners, job centre, external companies, and also the parents, the school develops appropriate biographical work, as well as practical approaches in the form of student-companies which can be counted with the compulsory full-time activities. Started in 2007 with the "Service Department-Student Companies", the work of the systematic student companies aims to organise learning arrangements for job and study orientation as a real life experience at a progressive rate. The focus of the programme is the formation of personal and social skills.
- Starting Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007
- Budget and financing sources
Funding is made through foundation (DKJS) and ministry for Economic Affairs and European Affairs
All additional costs (telephone, water, electricity, internet) were supported by the school
- Human resources
The most important partner of the student-companies is a teacher of the Lennè-school who assesses the pedagogical value of the student’s work. In exchange the teachers must work one less teaching hour.
During the course of their education at Lenné Potsdam, students can participate in students company as a transversal and project orientated teaching method. The work of student companies at the Lenné-school should take place with ecological and social responsibility.
The currently four student companies in Lenné Gesamtschule involve 50 students and 3 teachers, and are supported by school management. Each student company is specialised in terms of products or services offered :
- Ton & Film Schüler-GmbH (sound & film)
- Handwerk & Kunst Schüler-GmbH (craft & arts)
- PraLenné Schüler-Genossenschaft (food)
- Medien & Büro S-AG (media)
Student companies have strict processes, with at least weekly team meetings for working requirements discussions, a yearly business meeting and business analysis to which external partners are invited. Presentations from these partners are used to further the training of student companies’ staff.
The involvement of students in the company is voluntary, but in the context of the compulsory full-time-education path in vocational education and training programmes, the activities of the student-companies can be counted as part of full-time education in the career orientation concept of school.
The student companies’ customer catchment area is relatively close to the school, which means that students and teachers of the Lenné-school are often the main customers.
Due to their transversal aspect, these student companies are not integrated into single subjects or combined with different subjects. Students are entirely responsible for their companies and their success, under the pedagogical tutoring of the teachers who take on the role of a counsellor.
“Service department –Student Companies” supports the process of the continual quality development
Servicestelle-Schülerfirmen (Service Department-Student Companies) provided councelling to start the work on student companies
Monitoring by Service Department
Foundations: Robert Bosch Stiftung, Deutsche Kinder- und Jugendstiftung (DKJS)
Small and medium-sized businesses
Parent Booster Club
- Success factors
Cooperation of student companies with partners of the real economy
High level of school management support and teachers’ commitment
Giving the opportunity to students to train teachers on specific topics
- Developing individual, social and methodical skills of the students, helping them in the school--occupation or school-university transition.
- Promoting self-efficacy and self-determination of the students
- The Work of student companies opens new channels to the external partners that led to enriching exchanges and changes in the school structure
- Student companies have a positive impact in the school structure, particularly for the career orientation concept
- Former students of student-companies report that these skills not only.
- Norbert Bothe, email@example.com