Download abstract booklet here
Download the biographies here
Conference Centre Room - CC15
1. Tertiary education and vocational education and training
Chair: Professor Heather Eggins, University of Strathclyde
- Tertiary Education: Paulo Santiago, OECD Senior Analyst
- Vocational Education and Training: Simon Field, OECD Senior Analyst
Conference Centre Room - CC13
2. University futures and technology in education
Chair: Professor Ellen Hazelkorn, Dublin Institute of Technology
- University futures: Kiira Karkkainen, OECD Analyst
- Technology in Education: Katerina Ananiadou, OECD Analyst
Conference Centre Room - CC1+5
3. HE in Cities & Regions – How to lead an entrepreneurial and locally engaged university?
Moderator: Jaana Puukka, OECD Analyst
- Maria Helena Nazare, Vice President, European University Association, Former Rector of the University of Aveiro, Portugal, University of Aveiro and the process of institutional transformation
- Francesc-Xavier Grau-Vidal, Rector, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain, University Rovira i Virgili as a leader of strategic development in Southern Catalonia
- John Goddard, Emeritus Professor, Formerly Deputy Vice Chancellor, CURDS, Newcastle University, United Kingdom, Leading city and regional engagement: Lessons from the OECD reviews as appied to Newcastle University
Conference Centre Room - CC10
4. Supporting quality teaching in higher education and AHELO
Chair: Vin Massaro, Professorial Fellow, LH Martin Institute for Higher Education Leadership and Management, University of Melbourne
- Quality Teaching: Fabrice Hénard, OECD Analyst
- AHELO: Diane Lalancette, OECD Analyst
- Fernando Leon Garcia, President, CETYS University, Mexico:
- What are the main reasons, as a University leader of CETYS and formerly of City University Seattle, to commit in quality of teaching and of learning?
- What main actions/strategies have been undertaken in your institutions?
- And what are/were the main challenges that your institutions faced?
Conference Centre Room - CC7
5. Tertiary education: Highlights from Education at a Glance 2010
Chair: Michaela Martin, Programme Specialist, International Institute for Educational Planning, UNESCO
- Eric Charbonnier, OECD Analyst
- Bo Hansson, OECD Analyst
- Art Hauptman, Public policy consultant, United States, Higher Education Authority – Ireland,