News and events
- As part of its activities on economic impact assessments, the OECD Space Forum contributed to a workshop on Assessing the Socio-economic Impacts and Value of Open Geospatial Information", 28-29 October 2014 at George Washington University, Washington DC.
- Held back-to-back with its symposium on The Economic Impacts of Space Technologies,the OECD Space Forum Steering Group met in Paris at OECD Headquarters on 24 October 2014, to review work conducted, and to discuss, plan, shape and prioritise activities for 2015-16. One major forthcoming output will be the enriched and updated OECD Handbook on Measuring the Space Economy. A consultation process and several workshops will be organised in 2015 to gather the views of stakeholders (ministries, agencies, industry, academia…).
- The IAF Space Economy Technical Committee met on 30 September in Toronto during the International Astronautical Congress to discuss economic impacts methods. The annual economic session “The space economy: what are the socio-economic impacts?” was also held at the Congress on 1 October with 12 papers from academia and the public and private sectors.
- A very informative workshop on the impacts of national investments in the space sector took place on 13 June 2014, at the OECD with some 30 participants from public agencies and the private sector.
- An OECD workshop on global value chains in the space sector took place in Washington DC, on 14 March 2014, co-organised with NASA. This was a follow-up workshop to the one organised at the OECD in October 2013.
- A January 2014 report from IFRI on “Governing the Geostationary Orbit: Orbital Slots and Spectrum Use in an Era of Interference” features selected findings from the OECD Space Forum on interferences of satellite signals.
Past news and events