The following profiles summarise public sector human resource management practices and policies in OECD member and partner countries. The profiles include information on the following issues:
- The legal framework governing public employment
- The composition of public employment, including the gender and age structure of government employment
- Public sector restructuring efforts
- The organisation of HR management
- HR management practices such as recruitment, compensation, and performance management
- Senior management
- Industrial relations
- Reforms and challenges
These profiles are based on information provided by countries in response to the 2010 OECD Survey on Strategic Human Resources Management in Central/Federal Governments and updated in 2012. For a detailed description of the sources and methodology, see our methodological notes.
For more information, please contact Robert Ball.