OECD Russia Corporate Governance Roundtable
In December 2011, the OECD and the Moscow Exchange (MOEX) launched the OECD Russia Corporate Governance Roundtable. The Roundtable builds on longstanding co-operation between Russia and the OECD in corporate governance starting in 1999. In 2015, the OECD and MOEX reaffirmed their joint commitment to promote better corporate governance in Russia with the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement to conduct joint activities under the Roundtable through 2017. In addition, the Roundtable received a three-year grant under the Siemens Integity Initiative to promote business integrity grounded in strong corporate governance frameworks.
The Roundtable tackles outstanding corporate governance challenges in Russia and helps develop a robust legal and regulatory framework. Through dialogue, research and access to international expertise, the Roundtable encourages reforms and fine tuning of existing regulations while pressing for better implementation and effective enforcement. The Roundtable contributes to international understanding of Russian corporate governance developments and ongoing efforts.
The Roundtable is a long term commitment involving a wide circle of Russian and foreign participants, expert groups, associations, and private sector participants who want to improve corporate governance in Russia. The Roundtable is supported by the Ministry of Economic Development, the Bank of Russia, the Moscow International Financial Centre Taskforce, the Federal Service for Financial Markets and the Ministry of Finance among others.
- 2015 OECD Russia Corporate Governance Roundtable, 22 October 2015, Moscow
- 2014 OECD Russia Corporate Governance Roundtable, 19 November 2014, Moscow
- 2014 Technical Seminar, 1 July 2014, Moscow
- 2013 OECD Russia Corporate Governance Roundtable, 22-23 October 2013, Moscow
- 2013 Technical Seminar, 15 May 2013, Moscow
- 2012 OECD Russia Corporate Governance Roundtable, 25-26 October 2012, Moscow
- 2012 Technical Seminar, 30 March 2012, Moscow
- Russian Code of Corporate Governance (2014) English | Russian
- G20/OECD Principles of Corporate Governance (2015) English
- Can Corporate Governance Codes Be Effective in Emerging Markets? – Insights from Turkey, India and Colombia, Anastasia Kossov, 2013 English | Russian
- Comments of international investors to the revised Russian Corporate Governance Code, Karina Litvack, 2013 English | Russian
- The main problems of corporate governance in Russia and the possibility of resolving such problems through the application of the Corporate Governance Code and associated regulatory mechanisms, Alexander Shevchuk, 2013 English | Russian
- Summary of proceedings - 2014 Roundtable meeting English
- Summary of proceedings - 2014 Technical Seminar English
To obtain more information or to participate in the OECD's work on corporate governance in Russia, please contact:
Marianne Aalto email@example.com
Héctor Lehuedé firstname.lastname@example.org
DOCUMENTS AND LINKS
Russian Code of Corporate Governance, 2014 (pdf)
Кодекс корпоративного управления Российской Федерации, 2014 (pdf)