Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED Programme)
Employment and Skills Strategies: Australia
Click book cover to read, share and embed on your website
Employment and Skills Strategies in Australia focuses on the role of local employment and training agencies in contributing to job creation and productivity. It looks at the role of Local Employment Coordinators, introduced by the Department of Employment to work in 20 "priority employment areas" which were identified as needing extra assistance following the global financial crisis. This report is part of a comparative OECD review of local job creation policies, which explores how countries are putting measures in place at the local level to stimulate quality employment, social inclusion and growth.
- Publication Date: 4 February 2014
- Pages: 88
Read the Press Release
Table of Content:
- Executive summary
- Reader’s guide
- Chapter 1. Policy context for employment and skills in Australia
- Chapter 2. Overview of the Australian case study areas
- Chapter 3. Local Job Creation Dashboard findings in Australia
- Chapter 4. Towards an action plan for jobs in Australia: Recommendations and best practices
For further information, please contact Jonathan Barr or Sylvain Giguere.