During his official visit to Finland, OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría:
met with a number of key government officials including:
- Mrs Tarja Halonen, the President of the Republic
- Mr Matti Vanhanen, Prime Minister of the Finnish Government
- Mr Eero Heinäluoma, Minister of Finance
- Mrs Ulla-Maj Wideroos, Minister at the Ministry of Finance
- Mr Erkki Tuomioja, Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Mr Paavo Lipponen, Speaker of Parliament
- Mrs Paula Lehtomäki, Minister of Foreign Trade and Development
- Mr Antti Kalliomäki, Minister of Education.
met with Mr Esko Aho, the President of SITRA, the Finnish National Fund for Research and Development.
delivered a speech on "Global Governance as Part of Crisis Prevention" for the Conference of Foreign Affairs Committee and Development Committee Chairpersons of the European Union Member Countries (COFACC).
attended a lunch with the Bureau of the Board and members of the Trade Policy Committee, at the premises of the Confederation of Finnish Industries hosted by its President Mr Christoffer Taxell.
participated in a programme in Kuusamo, Northern Finland, organised by Mr Erkki Ormala, Vice President of Technology Poicy, Nokia Group and Mr Iikka Lakaniemi, Senior Manager, Nokia Networks.
The speeches delivered by the OECD Secretary-General:
Find out more about OECD work on Finland:
Read a news item published by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
View a webcast of the Press conference by Angel Gurría and Minister Lehtomäki (you need Real Player installed to view this webcast).