During his official visit to Spain, the Secretary-General of the OECD, Angel Gurría, met with leaders to discuss a range of key policy issues, including developments in the global economy and financial markets.
He met with :
- Prince Felipe of Asturias
- President José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero
- Ms. Elena Salgado Mendez, Vice President and Minister of Economy and Financial Affairs
- Mr. Francisco Ros Perán, Secretary of State of Telecommunications
- Mr. Marius Rubiralta, Secretary General of Universities
- Mr. Miguel Ángel Fernández Ordóñez, Governor of the Central Bank
- Heads of Trade Unions and Business Council
Angel Gurría also gave a speech to representatives of the economic media during a forum organised by the business daily Cincos Días.
For further information, journalists are invited to contact the OECD media's Division (tel: 331 451249700).