19/06/2015 - The OECD will launch its first ever Business and Finance Outlook on Wednesday 24 June at 13.00 pm CET.
This new report presents unique data and analysis on issues that may affect and change, both favourably and unfavourably, the future of business, finance and investment. It looks at the way in which companies, banks, institutional investors and shadow banking intermediaries are operating in the low growth and low interest rate environment and the build-up of risks in the financial system. The “promises” of growth, employment, and retirement income are seen to be at risk in the absence of policy actions. The report covers trends and forecasts on issues including SME financing, pensions, insurance, corporate governance, competition and investment (including foreign direct investment).
OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría will open a high-level roundtable event to discuss the findings at the OECD at 1pm on Wednesday 24 June. This event is open to media.
Speakers also include:
- Ignazio Visco, Governor, Banca d’Italia
- Rene Karsenti, President, International Capital Market Association
- Klaas Knot, President, De Nederlandsche Bank
- Antoine Lissowski, Deputy CEO and CFO, CNP Assurances
- Dominic Rossi, Global CIO, Equities, Fidelity Worldwide Investment
- Klaus Wiener, Chief Economist, Generali Investments Europe
- Larry Zimpleman, Chairman and CEO, Principal Financial Group
This event will be broadcast live at http://video.oecd.org/.
Journalists interested in attending the launch or obtaining an embargo copy of the publication should contact Caroline Tourrier or Spencer Wilson from the OECD Media Division. The report will be sent under embargo on Tuesday 23 June.