14/05/2013 - This Forum on Tax Administration comes at a critical time for national tax authorities. Participants - heads of Tax Administrations from 45 countries and 6 International Organisations (IMF, EU, IOTA, BIAC, CIAT, WCO) - will focus on issues that are currently front page news: compliance by MNEs and international avoidance and evasion. The FTA will be publishing reports on some of these topics and a communiqué that addresses them directly*. Read the agenda.
Where: Ritz Carlton, Moscow
Sessions open to media:
- 16 May: 9.00 – 9.25 am Opening ceremony Sergey Naryshkin, Chairman of the Russian State Duma; Mikhail Mishustin, Commissioner of the Russian Federal Tax Service; Yves Leterme, OECD Deputy Secretary-General; and Josephine Feehily, Chair of the Forum on Tax Adminstration.
- 16 May: 13:00 - Luncheon address from President Putin via live video link
- 17 May: 13:30 Closing news conference with FTA Chair, Josephine Feehily, Chairman, Revenue Ireland; FTA Vice Chairs (Oupa Magashula, Commissioner, South African Revenue Service and Svein Kristensen, Commissioner, Norwegian Tax Directorate; Pascal Saint-Amans Director, OECD Centre for Tax Policy and Administration; and Mikhail Mishustin, Commissioner, Russian Federal Tax Service.
Journalists can dial into the closing news conference by phoning: 007 495 660 60 71
To register for the media events, journalists should contact: Claire Gibbons (Claire.Gibbons@oecd.org)
For further information contact Pascal Saint-Amans, Director of OECD’s Centre for Tax Policy and Administration (Pascal.Saint-Amans@oecd.org).
- Tax Administration in advanced and emerging economies: Comparative Information Series 2013
- Co-operative Compliance: A Framework from Enhanced Relationship to Co-operative Compliance
- Together for better outcomes: Engaging and Involving SME Taxpayers and Stakeholders
- Managing Service Demand: A practical guide to help revenue bodies better meet taxpayers’ service expectations