Outcomes l Documentation l Presentations
Speakers during the session on gender analysis in regulatory quality frameworks
The Working Group IV meeting “Regulatory Policy Tools for a Stronger, fairer and Cleaner Economy”, chaired by Tunisia and co-chaired by Canada, Italy and the Netherlands, was held on 3-4 June in Tunis.
His Excellency Mr. Abdelhakim Bouraoui, Secretary-General of the Government of Tunisia opened the meeting which was attended by high-level officials and several international organisations from 16 MENA and OECD countries (see attached list of participants).
This meeting was held back to back with the first capacity building activity organised by the Regional Centre of Expertise in Regulatory Quality: “Using the Regional Charter for Regulatory Quality Effectively”(1-2 June).
Delegates underlined the excellent work of the Working Group IV seeing 2009 as its most successful year with the endorsement of the Regional Charter for Regulatory Quality and the launching of the Regional Centre of Expertise in Regulatory Quality. The group approved the programme of work for 2011-2015 and acknowledged the important role of the MENA-OECD Governance Programme as quality partner in the region.
The meeting provided substantive discussions on public consultation, regulatory impact analysis, gender analysis in regulatory quality frameworks, access to justice and the rule of law. The group acknowledged the importance of evidence-based policy making and delegates requested the MENA-OECD Governance Programme to facilitate and document progress in this field. The group underlined the importance of data collection for impact assessments and gender analysis in regulatory quality frameworks. Discussants also highlighted the links between gender analysis and potential growth areas of the economy.
Thursday, 3 June 2010
Session 1A & 1B: Public consultation in drafting laws and regulations
- Mr. Kheireddine Ben Soltane, Juridical Counsellor, Prime Ministry, Tunisia
- Mr. Benoit Turcotte, Director, Regulatory Policy, Regulatory Affairs, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Canada (English - PDF 201kb, French - PDF 244kb)
- Mr. Rashiq Ishaq Al Kooheji, Advisor, Civil Service Bureau, Bahrain
- Ms Maja Carni Pretnar, Senior Advisor, Directorate for e-Government and Administrative Processes, Ministry of Public Administration, Slovenia (English - PDF 196kb)
- Mr. Rizkallah Freifer, State Councellor, State Council, Lebanon (English - PDF 1,531kb, French - PDF 1,709kb)
- Mr. Jeroen Nijland, Director, Regulatory Reform Group, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, The Netherlands (English - PDF 244kb)
- Mrs Nancy Namrouqa, Assistant Counsellor, Legislation and Opinion Bureau, Jordan (Arabic - PDF 3,408kb)
- Ms Miriam Allam, Economist, Regulatory Policy Division, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD (English - PDF 196kb)
- Mr. Amer Shaheen, Director of Legislation Department and Legal Research, President Office, Palestinian National Authority
Session 2A: A step-by-step approach to implement regulatory impact analysis
- Mr. Zouhair Skander, General Director, Centre of Legal and Juridical Studies, Tunisia (French - PDF 1,874 kb)
- Mr. Benoit Turcotte, Director, Regulatory Policy, Regulatory Affairs, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Canada (English - PDF 183kb)
Session 2B: Integrating Regulatory Impact Analysis with public consultation
- Mr. Alaa Kotb, Legal Advisor, Vice-President of the State Council, Egypt (English/French/Arabic - PDF 962kb)
- Mr. Thomas Larouche, Policy Analyst, Regulatory Policy Division, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD (English - PDF 380kb)
Friday, 4 June 2010
Session 1: Gender analysis in regulatory quality frameworks
- Dr. Soukaina Bouraoui, Director, Centre for Arab Women Training and Research (CAWTAR), Tunisia (French - PDF 979kb)
- Ms. Capitolina Diaz, Director General for Equality in Employment, Ministry of Equality, Spain (English - PDF 90kb)
- Ms. Malika Najib, Coordinatrice du comité de pilotage pour l'intégration de l'égalité entre les sexes dans la Fonction Publique, Ministère de la Modérnisation des Secteurs Publics, Morocco (French - PDF 158kb)
- Mr. Carlos Conde, Senior Programme Coordinator, MENA-OECD Governance Programme, OECD (English - PDF 561kb)
Session 2: Legal databases and access to justice
- Mr. Mohammed Alkhader, Manager of the Legislation and Court Judgments Database – Al-Muqtafi, Institute of Law, Birzeit University, Palestinian National Authority (Arabic - PDF 240kb)
- Mr. Alejandro Ponce, Senior Economist, World Justice Project, USA (English - PDF 1,022kb)
Session 3: Ensuring impact on the Rule of Law agenda: the contribution of the WG4
- Mr. Zouhair Skander, General Director, Centre of Legal and Juridical Studies, Tunisia (French - PDF 4,698kb)
- Mr. Chris Moll, Director, European Academy for Law and Legislation, The Netherlands (English - PDF 183kb)
- Mr. Carlos Conde, Senior Programme Coordinator, MENA-OECD Governance Programme, OECD