MENA-OECD Working Group on Public Service Delivery, PPPs and Regulatory Reform
The Regional Working Group on Public Service Delivery, Public Private Partnerships and Regulatory Reform addresses a wide variety of policy issues related to improving the delivery of public services, the arrangements of public-private partnerships and the design and implementation of regulatory reform in Arab countries.
The Working Group is chaired by the Prime Ministryof Tunisia and co-chaired by Mr. Luigi Carbone, Commissioner, The Regulatory Authority for Electricity and Gas, Italy and Mr. Charles-Henri Montin, Senior Regulatory Adviser, Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry, General Secretariat, France (see Arab Chairs & OECD Co-chairs).
The material listed below comprises publications, policy briefs, background documents and policy principles designed to support the work the Working Group on Public Service Delivery, PPPs and Regulatory Reform.
· Background documents and Policy Principles
To learn more about the OECD's work on regulatory reform, please refer to the Regulatory Policy webpage.
- Seminar on Administrative Simplification in MENA and OECD Countries, Budapest, 14-15 February 2012
Public Consultation on the Draft Code of Conduct of the Palestinian Authority, Ramallah, 11 January 2012
- MENA-OECD Initiative to Support the Palestinian Authority: Study Visit, The Hague, 14-16 December 2011
- Regional Centre of Expertise for Regulatory Quality: Training Course, Tunis, 14-16 November 2011
- Special Session of the OECD Regulatory Policy Committee and the Working Group IV on Regulatory Reform, PPP and Public Service Delivery, Paris, 2 November 2011
- Workshop on Regulatory Policy, E-Government and Code of Conduct, Ramallah, 20-21 July 2011
- 7th Regional Meeting of the Working Group IV on Regulatory Reform, Tunis, 31 May 2011
- Task Force on Legal and Constitutional Reform, "Strengthening the constitutional reform process", Tunis, 30 May 2011
- Training Course "Public Consultation in Rule-Making: A Practical Guide", Tunis, 30 May 2011
- Setting the Rules for the Tunisian Democratic Transition, Paris, 18 April 2011
Workshop on Policy Tools for Regulatory Quality, Better Service Delivery and Enhanced Integrity: Supporting Implementation, Ramallah, 7 April 2011
Workshop on Effective Regulatory Institutions for a State Based on the Rule-of-Law, for high-level officials of the Government of Iraq, Ankara, 2-3 March 2011
MENA Special Session to the Regulatory Policy Committee, Paris, 27 October 2010
Enhancing State-Building Capacities Based on the Rule of Law, Paris, 26 October 2010
Making Life Easy for Citizens and Business: Administrative Simplification Strategies and Good Practices in MENA and OECD Countries – The Lebanese Perspective, Beirut, Lebanon, 28-29 September 2010
Regulatory Policy Tools and Institutions in Practice, Ramallah, Palestine on 5-7 July 2010
Regulatory Policy Tools for a Stronger, Fairer and Cleaner Economy, Tunis, 3-4 June 2010
Using the Regional Charter for Regulatory Quality Effectively: A Seminar for Practitioners in Arab Countries, Tunis, I-2 June 2010
- Study visit for the Regional Center of Expertise on Regulatory Quality (RCERQ) to the European Academy for Law and Legislation (EALL), The Hague, 1-5 March 2010
- The 5th Special Session of the OECD Working Party on Regulatory Management and Reform and a Training Session on Tools to Measure Administrative Burdens was held in Paris, France, on 3 and 4 November 2009
- A Regional Capacity Building Seminar on the Review of Existing Legislation took place in Cairo, Egypt, on 11 and 12 March 2009
- A study visit of Canada's regulatory system took place in Ottawa, Canada on 28-30 April 2009
- The Fifth Regional Meeting of the GfD Working Group IV on Regulatory Reform, Public Private Partnerships and Public Service Delivery and Capacity Building Seminar "Promoting Expertise in Regulatory Management", took place in Tunis, Tunisia, 19-20 May 2009
- The Fifth Special Session of the OECD Working Party on Regulatory Management and Reform was held in Paris, France, 4 November 2009
- A Training Session on Tools to Measure Administrative Burdens: an Introduction to the Standard Cost Model took place in Paris, France, 3 November 2009
Access the 2005-08 events