Working Group on Civil Service and Integrity
The Regional Working Group on Civil Service and Integrity addresses a wide variety of policy issues related to achieving sustainable civil service reform and higher levels of integrity in Arab countries.
At the GfD Initiative’s Launching Conference, participants agreed on a first set of policy issues to be considered. During the First Meeting of the Initiative’s Steering Group on 27-28 April 2005, these were refined into a “Framework for Policy Dialogue” which will serve to guide the initial Implementation Phases.
The Working Group on Civil Service and Integrity is chaired by Mr. Azzeddine Diouri, Secretary General, Ministry of Public Sector Modernisation, Morocco and co-chaired by Ms. Cristina Jurranz, Deputy Director for Real Estate, Under Secretariat of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation, Spain, and Mr. Efkan ALA, Undersecretary of State of the Prime Ministry, Turkey (see Arab Chairs and OECD Co-Chairs).
The material listed below comprises publications, policy briefs, background documents and policy principles designed to support the work of the Working Group on Civil Service and Integrity.
· Publications and Policy Briefs
· Background Documents
To know more about the OECD's work on Civil Service and Intergrity, please refer to the Public Employment and Management Website and the Corruption in the Public Sector Website.
Please refer to the calendar of events for more detailed information
- Conference on Integrity and Corruption Prevention Framework: Good Practices and Lessons Learned, Tunis, 13-14 February 2012
- Public Consultation on the Draft Code of Conduct of the Palestinian Authority, Ramallah, 11 January 2012
Workshop on Regulatory Policy, E-Government and Code of Conduct, Ramallah, 20-21 July 2011
Multi-stakeholder Dialogue on “Putting Anti-Corruption Commitments into Practice: Transparency, Participation and Rule of Law” Rabat, 9-10 June 2011
Workshop on Policy Tools for Regulatory Quality, Better Service Delivery and Enhanced Integrity: Supporting Implementation, Ramallah, 7 April 2011
- Eleventh Arab Conference on Arab Management "The National Anti-Corruption Strategy", was held in Cairo, Egypt on 3-5 July 2010
- A high level seminar on E-Procurement, Efficiency and Integrity: Challenges and Good Practices, co-organised with the MENA-OECD Governance Working Group 2, took place in Rome, Italy on 17-18 June 2010.
- A Regional Workshop on Public Policy Evaluation was organised in Rabat, Morocco on 23-24 March 2010.
A MENA Regional Conference on Integrity: Building a Cleaner Public Sector took place in Istanbul, Turkey on 26-27 October 2009.
The 5th Regional Working Group Meeting on Civil Service and Integrity, back-to-back with a Technical Seminar seminar on measuring and planning workforce took place in Rabat, Morocco on 16 & 17 June 2009.
The First Special MENA Session on Integrity, back to back with the OECD Forum on Public Governance: Building a cleaner world: tools and good practices for fostering a culture of integrity. was held in Paris, France on 5 May 2009.
Observatory I: Ethics Codes and Codes of Conduct in OECD Countries