Outcomes l Documentation l Presentations
Participants solving a practical exercise set during this hands-on capacity building seminar
As the first activity organised by the Regional Centre for Expertise on Regulatory Quality (RCERQ) this training course provided an introduction to the principles and tools of the Regional Charter for Regulatory Quality. The seminar was based around the practical experience of regulatory reform in MENA and OECD countries.
The style of the seminar was interactive and practical, using exercises, simulation and case studies as the main means of sharing experience. In addition, two trainers from Birzeit University presented the PNA experience with creating a legal database to increase the legal security for citizens and businesses.
The Working Group confirmed the importance of similar productive capacity building seminar and agreed to support the activities of the Regional Centre of Expertise in Regulatory Quality.
This capacity building seminar was held back to back with the MENA-OECD Working Group IV "Regulatory Policy Tools for a Stronger, Fairer and Cleaner Economy" held on the 3rd and 4th of June 2010.
Tuesday, 1 June 2010
- Mr Zouhair Skander, General Director, Centre of Legal and Juridical Studies, Tunisia (French - PDF 4,846kb)
Introduction to the Regional Charter and Regulatory Reform: Principles and Practice
- Ms Miriam Allam, Economist, Regulatory Policy Division, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD (English - PDF 70kb)
Improving Regulatory Quality
- Mr Thomas Larouche, Policy Analyst, Regulatory Policy Division, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD (English - PDF 645kb)
Legislative Drafting Procedures: The case of the Palestinian National Authority
- Mr Fayez Bikerat, Manager of the Legislative Assistance Department, Institute of Law Birzeit University
- Mr Mohammed Alkhader, Manager of the Legislation and Court Judgments Database – Al-Muqtafi, Institute of Law, Birzeit University (Arabic - PDF 240kb)
- Mr Ahmed Khaled, Coordinator of the Legislation and Court Judgments Database, Institute of Law, Birzeit University
Wednesday, 2 June 2010
Workshops on Regulatory Reform and Regulatory Impact Analysis
- Mr Andrea Renda, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Belgium (English -PDF 2,895kb)