The purpose of this working group meeting was to:
The meeting was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on the 27-28 April 2010.
This working group, which met for the first time in Dubai in September 2005, gathers together the most high ranking e-government officials in MENA countries and invites government experts from OECD countries to discuss key policy issues on the e-government agendas of MENA and OECD countries.
The members of the working group also design a plan of activities and provide directions and support for their implementation. In the past, activities included a capacity building seminar on e-procurement, measurement and evaluation of e-government, personalised portals, partnerships and collaboration on e-government, and electronic ID cards.
The working group is chaired by Dubai (UAE) and co-chaired by Italy and Korea.
27 April 2010
Session 1: E-Government at a Glance in the MENA Region: the quest for data and measurements
• Mr. Alessandro Bellantoni, MENA-OECD Governance Programme, OECD (English - pdf 1,082kb)
• Ms. Zsuzsanna Lonti, Senior Project Manager of Government at a Glance, OECD (English - pdf 246kb)
• Eng. Ahmed Kamal, Ministry of State for Administrative Development, Egypt (Presentation 1: English - pdf 510kb, Presentation 2: English - pdf 294kb)
• Ms. Christine Mahieu, Business Analyst – eGovernment measurement expert, Service public fédéral Technologie de l’Information et de la Communication, Belgium (English - pdf 592kb)
Session 2: E-government and Administrative Simplification as engines for public sector modernisation and economic growth
• Mr. Christian Vergez, Head of Public Sector Reform Division, OECD (English - pdf 315kb)
• Mr. Marco Daglio, Head of Service Delivery Unit, OECD (English - pdf 804kb)
• Ms. Khedija Al Zammouri, General Director, E-Government, Office of the Prime Minister, Tunisia (French - pdf 1,321kb)
• Mr. Alessandro Bellantoni, MENA-OECD Governance Programme, OECD Secretariat (English - pdf 81kb)
• Ms. Un-Ah Hah, Deputy Director, International Cooperation, Ministry of Public Administration and Security, Korea (English - pdf 4,404kb)
Session 3: Good Practices in the Field of E-Government and Administrative simplification: the case of E-Justice
• Mr. Abdulrahim Almudhareb, IT Director, Dubai Courts Department, Dubai, UAE (Arabic - pdf 905kb)
• Eng. Ahmed Kamal, Ministry of State for Administrative Development, Egypt (Arabic - pdf 1,429kb)
• Ms. Fatna El Farsi, Head of the Division of Transversal Actions, Information Systems Directorate, Ministry of Public Sector Modernisation, Morocco (Arabic - pdf 1,037kb)
28 April 2010
Session 1: Introduction to Dubai eGovernment Initiative
• Mr. Ahmad Bin Humaidan, Director General , Dubai eGovernment Department, Dubai, UAE (English - pdf 673kb)
Session 2: Dubai eGovernment Shared Services
• Ms. Huda Al Hashimi, Director, Customer Relationship Management, Dubai eGovernment Department, Dubai, UAE (English - pdf 1,634kb)
• Mr. Matar Al Humairi, Director, Infrastructure Management, Dubai eGovernment Department, Dubai, UAE (English - pdf 1,145kb)