Fourth Meeting of the Task Force on Energy and Infrastructure: Spurring growth of renewable energies in MENA through private-sector investment
15-16 December 2010, Paris, France
Following the successful official launch of the MENA-OECD Business Council in November 2009 at the MENA-OECD Ministerial Conference in Marrakech, and in view of the strong mandate given to the task forces of the Business Council at the second meeting of the Council in Paris in May 2010, the fourth meeting of the Task Force on Infrastructure and Energy took place on 15 December 2010 in Paris, building on the three successful meetings already held in April, July and October. The meeting focused on preparing the work programme for 2011 and the key points of the Position Paper presented the next day to the MENA-OECD Investment Programme's Working Group 1 on Investment Policies and Promotion.
The meeting provided an opportunity for the wider Business Council to participate in and give new impetus to the work of the Energy Task Force for 2011. It was also an occasion for the Business Council to discuss challenges and opportunities in bolstering investment policies with Working Group 1.
The Energy Task Force meeting discussed:
- The Position Paper presented to Working Group 1 in Session 2
- The new mandate and the 2011 work programme for the Energy Task Force
- The question of renewable energy formed part of the Energy Task Force’s discussion with respect to the OECD’s “Green Growth Strategy”.
The meeting of the Energy Task Force took place on Wednesday 15 December in the afternoon and the meeting of Working Group 1 on Green Investment on 16 December in the morning.
- Agenda for Task Force on Infrastructure and Energy, 15 December 2010
- Agenda for Working Group 1 on Investment Policies and Promotion, 15 – 16 December 2010
- Working Paper of the MENA-OECD Taskforce on Renewable Energies: Spurring Growth Through Renewable Energies in the MENA Region
Working paper presenting the private sector's view Andrew Moorfield
Presentation of the Cancun Agreement Ania Thiemann
An Introduction to TEMASOL's activities Philippe Costerg
World Energy Outlook 2010, renewables in MENA Maria Argiri