Media Opportunities during the OECD Week: Forum and Ministerial
During OECD Week’s Forum and Ministerial, there will a number of news conferences and media briefings by OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría, Ministers, and heads of international organizations, unions, and business.
Reflecting the themes to be discussed during the Forum and Ministerial, topics of these media events will range from the OECD’s latest economic forecasts to jobs, equality and trust.
For further information about the Forum, the Ministerial and these media events, please contact the OECD Media division on +33 1 45 24 97 00.
As soon as media events are organised and confirmed, details will be posted below. To register for them, journalists should email email@example.com. All press briefings will take place in the media centre unless otherwise stated.
Last updated: 29 May 2013
Tuesday 28 May
Wednesday 29 May
- 08:00 - Numerous countries including Austria, Belize, Estonia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Saudi Arabia and Singapore will sign the OECD's Multilateral Tax Convention. Both the Austrian and Luxembourg Finance Ministers will comment at the close of the ceremony. See the news release
- 09:00 - G20 Trade seminar open to press: Stocktaking on Global Value Chains. Ministers and senior officials from G20 countries will attend.
- 10:00 - Press briefing with Robert Hormats, US Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy and the Environment
- 10:00 - Economic Oulook briefing with Tokyo Centre (17.00-18.00 in Tokyo) with Randall Jones, OECD Senior Economist, Head of Japan/Korea Desk, and Satoshi Urasawa, OECD Economist. Under embargo - Room MB2022
- 10:00 - Economic Oulook briefing with Berlin Centre with Andreas Woergoetter, Head of Division, OECD Economics Department, Andres Fuentes, OECD Senior Economist, Head of Germany/Estonia Desk and Eckhard Wurzel, OECD Senior Economist, Head of European Union, Euro Area, Luxembourg Desk. Under embargo - Room MB0116
- 10:30 - Keynote address by Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg - Room CC1
- 10:30 - Press briefing with Fleur Pellerin, Ministre déléguée auprès du ministre du redressement productif, chargée des petites et moyennes entreprises, de l’innovation et de l’économie numérique, France - Room CC4
- 11:00 - Press briefing: Launch of OECD Economic Outlook with OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría and Chief Economist Pier Carlo Padoan - Room CC1 - Watch the webcast. See the news release
- 11:45 - Press Q&A with Deputy Chief Economist Jorgen Elmeskov on the OECD Economic Outlook
- 13:00 - Press briefing: 21st Century Production Revolution with OECD Trade and Agriculture, Statistics and Science, Technology and Industry directorates - Room CC4
- 14:15 - Press briefing on the OECD Action Plan for Youth with OECD experts Mark Keese, Head of Division, Employment Analysis and Policies, Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, & Andreas Schleicher, Deputy Director and Special Advisor on Education Policy to the Secretary-General (under embargo until 15:00 on 30/05/2013) - Room CC4
- 15:00 - Press briefing: Michael Punke, Deputy US Trade Representative and Ambassador to the WTO - Room CC4
- 15:00 - Photo op: Ministerial tour de table - Room CC4
- 16:30 - Press briefing with Fabrizio Saccomanni, Minister of Economy and Finance, Italy - Room CC4
- 18:30 - Family Photo: Ministerial Council Meeting - Room CC11
- 18:45 - Press briefing with Enrico Giovannini, Minister of Labour and Social Policies, Italy - Room CC4
Thursday 30 May
OECD Economic Outlook
Requests for interviews or more information on the Economic Oulook, please contact Stephen.DiBiasio@oecd.org.
For more information on the Forum or a request to interview a speaker or participant, please contact Sara.Sreberny-Mohammadi@oecd.org.
OECD Ministerial Meeting
If you wish to interview a minister attending the Ministerial Meeting, please contact Helen.Fisher@oecd.org.
Resources for journalists
Journalists will have access at all times to the Media Centre in the OECD Conference Centre and to the main hall of the OECD Conference Centre.
Relevant documents will be available as well as laptop plug-ins.
More information on the facilities available to journalists (broadcasts, etc.)
Photos from OECD Week 2013 will be posted below as they become available. We invite journalists to use these images. Please include the OECD copyright and credit the photographer.
For information on photos or video content, please contact Luisa.Constanza@oecd.org.
Photos from the Forum
Photos from the Ministerial Meeting