SGELEG › Convention on the OECD
The Convention on the OECD was signed in Paris on 14 December 1960 when the Organisation for European Economic Co-operation (OEEC), formed in 1948 to administer aid under the Marshall Plan for the reconstruction of Europe after World War II, was reconstituted as the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, "in order to strengthen the tradition of co-operation and apply it to new tasks and broader objectives".
The Convention came into force on 30 September 1961.
The Convention is complemented by:
Thirty five countries are now party to the Convention, the twenty "founder" Members and a further fifteen who have subsequently become Members.
Declarations by certain Member countries
Some countries have made "Declarations" concerning principally the territorial application of the OECD Convention.
More information on the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories of the United Kingdom