ASEAN-OECD Investment Programme
The ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)-OECD Investment Programme fosters dialogue and experience sharing between OECD countries and Southeast Asian economies on issues relating to the business and investment climate.
The programme follows a dual-track approach, using both regional policy dialogue and country Investment Policy Reviews.
Regional dialogue on investment policy
The regional dialogue allows for experience sharing on investment policy design, implementation and harmonisation. It offers a platform for individual economies to disseminate the results of their investment policy reviews and contribute to the identification of best practices.
- Training seminar on designing, developing and implementing sound investment policies in CLMV countries, Da Nang, Viet Nam, June 2013
- Greater Mekong Subregion Investment Policy Forum, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, March 2012
- OECD-ADBI High-Level Roundtable on International Investment Policies in Asia, Melbourne, Australia, 2011
- ADBI-OECD Roundtable on Asia's Policy Framework for Investment, Tokyo, Japan, 2010
- OECD-ASEAN Investment Policy Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2010
- 2nd OECD-Southeast Asia Regional Forum, Bangkok, Thailand, 2009
- 1st OECD-Southeast Asia Regional Forum, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2007
Investment policy reviews
Investment policy reviews are usually undertaken by governments looking to identify and implement investment policy reforms that will make their country a more attractive destination for investors. These reviews are undertaken jointly by the OECD and the government of the country concerned based on the Policy Framework for Investment.
The OECD and ASEAN work closely together to promote these reviews which help to stimulate sustained and deepened relations with Asia’s most important regional economic community:
Malaysia (2013, forthcoming)
Myanmar (2013, forthcoming)
Viet Nam (2010)
OECD policy tools and publications
Policy Framework for Investment
OECD Principles for Private Sector Participation in Infrastructure
Private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector - Checklist for Public Action
OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
OECD Risk Awareness Tool for Multinational Enterprises in Weak Governance Zones
Association of Southeast Asian Nations www.asean.org
OECD Global Relations portal
Indonesia and the Policy Framework for Investment
Viet Nam and the Policy Framework for Investment
Any questions should be addressed to Mr. Stephen Thomsen
(Tel: +33 1 45 24 83 68, firstname.lastname@example.org)