Guidelines for multinational enterprises
OECD Global Forum on International Investment
About the OECD Global Forum on International Investment (GFII)
||The GFII seeks to promote investment for growth and sustainable development by engaging governments world wide and interested stakeholders in peer learning and dialogue on emerging issues facing the investment policy community. The GFII brings the international investment community together to exchange views and ideas on emerging issues in a receptive and inclusive context. This peer learning and consensual approach to gaining a deep understanding of best practices across a wide range of policy domains is indeed the well-tested modus operandi of the OECD and is a unique strength of the Organisation. It is especially apt for investment policy, since many policy domains bear directly or indirectly on the investment climate.
The OECD Investment Committee through the GFII is thus taking an active role in helping to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) by sharing its expertise in establishing and organising platforms so that all stakeholders and players can work towards maximising the potential benefits of investment from a development perspective.
Previous Global Forums
- The new policy frontiers of investment globalisation, 6 December 2011, Paris, France
- Beyond the crisis: international investment for a stronger, cleaner, fairer global economy,7-8 December 2009, Paris France
- Best practices in promoting investment for development, 27-28 March 2008, Paris, France
- International investment and the public interest: the case of infrastructure, 6-7 November 2006, Istanbul, Turkey
- Putting the Policy Framework for Investment into action, 25-27 October 2005, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Investment for development - forging partnerships, 19-21 October 2004, New Delhi, India
- Modern governance and transparency for investment - why and how, 17-18 November 2003, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Attracting foreign direct investment for development, 5-6 December 2002, Shanghai, China
- FDI and environment: lessons from the mining sector, 7-8 February 2002 in Paris, France
- New horizons and policy challenges for FDI in the 21st century, 26-27 November 2001, Mexico City, Mexico