Learn about the latest interviews, articles and media interventions from the OECD Health Division staff.
Within the OECD, most of the work on health is carried out by the Health Division of the Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs.
Our mission – advising policy makers and informing public and private stakeholders and citizens on how to address demands for more and better quality health care – is particularly important with public budgets under strain. We develop reliable statistics of health system performance and help countries benchmark their policies against high-performing health systems.
To learn more about our areas of work, download our brochure.
SELECTED ARTICLES AND REPORTS FROM THE OECD HEALTH DIVISION STAFF
- Les comparaisons internationales des hôpitaux : apports et limites des statistiques disponibles, article by Valérie Paris, in Revue française d'administration publique 2020/2 (N° 174), pp.363-384, November 2020
- La couverture santé dans les pays de l’OCDE, article by Valérie Paris, in Les Tribunes de la santé 2020/3 (N° 65), pp.47-59, October 2020
- Does size matter? The impact of caseload and expertise concentration on AMI 30-day mortality - A comparison across 10 OECD countries, authored by Benoît Lalloué, Michael Padget, Ian Brownwood, Etienne Minvielle, Niek Klazinga. Health Policy, 15 March 2019
- Technological change in healthcare is not simply about adoption, interview of Francesca Colombo in ICT&health - Transforming Healthcare Through Technology, December 2018
- "Where does France currently stand compared to other OECD countries?", interview of Francesca Colombo for the Institut Montaigne blog, November 2018
- Patient-reported measurement can enable better outcomes, article by Francesca Colombo, Government Gazette 2018: Vol 1 (May 2018 issue)
- How should the EU act differently in tackling the burden of breast cancer?, article by Francesca Colombo and Rie Fujisawa, Government Gazette, July 2017 issue
- Antimicrobial resistance is a global threat that needs global action – now, Europe’s World, published on April 14 2017, Spring 2017 issue. Article authored by Francesca Colombo
- Countries need to dig deeper on patient outcomes data to improve healthcare systems, Science|Business, November 2016. The head of the health division at the OECD, Francesca Colombo, says members are making poor use of health data. She is calling for a broader collection of personal health information, to reflect the outcomes that matter to patients
- Europe’s health systems on life support, Politico, September 30, 2016. Interview of Chris James
- Let's take ownership of this public health challenge, article by Francesca Colombo, Government Gazette, September 2016 issue
- Santé 2017 : Comment financer l’accroissement des dépenses de santé ?, blog post by Valérie Paris, Senior Health Policy Analyst at the OECD Health Division
- The doctor will see you now (if you turn on the video), blog post by Mark Pearson, Deputy Director, OECD Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs. Also published by Europe’s World
- Comparing Hospitals and Health Prices and Volumes Across Countries: A New Approach, Social Indicators Research, 16 December 2015. Article authored by Francette Koechlin, Paul Konijn, Luca Lorenzoni, Paul Schreyer
- Social disparities in hazardous alcohol use: self-report bias may lead to incorrect estimates, The European Journal of Public Health, 19 November 2015. Article authored by Marion Devaux, Franco Sassi
- Adapting to an ageing population, AG - Adjacent Government, August 2015, p. 94. Interview of Francesca Colombo
- Europe’s ageing prompts a revolution in healthcare, Europe’s World, published on June 22, 2015, Summer 2015 issue. Article authored by Francesca Colombo
- Income-related inequalities and inequities in health care services utilisation in 18 selected OECD countries, The European Journal of Health Economics, January 2015. Article authored by Marion Devaux
Follow us on Twitter via @OECD_Social