Green growth and sustainable development
Workshop on Sustainability Assessment Methodologies Amsterdam 14-15 January 2008
This workshop, held in Amsterdam on 14-15 January 2008, convened noted experts to explore how to conduct sustainability assessments and their relationship to other types of policy evaluations. Please find here:
the Report on the Workshop (including Agenda and Participants list)
- Gerald Berger, EDSN, Austria,Sustainability Impact Assessment: "Definition, Approaches and Objectives"
- Kerstin Arbter,Austria, Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Sustainablity Impact Assessment (SIA), "Common features, differences and practical experience"
- Arjan Geveke, United Kingdom, "Sustainability Assessment Methodologies and UK Impact Assessments"
- Dr. Ingeborg Niestroy, EEAC, Belgium, "Impact Assessment or: longing for the 42?"
- Marjan van Herwijnen, The Netherlands, Sustainability A-Test, "How to select tools for a sustainability assessment?"
- Anneke von Raggamby, Ecologic,The Netherlands, "Identifying Tools for Sustainability Assessments"
- Donald Macrae, UK Better Regulation Commission, "Use of Policy-Making Tools"
- Dr. Friedrich Hinterberger, SERI, Austria, "Methods and Tools for Integrated Sustainability Assessment"
- Johannes Wolff, the Evaluation Partnership, United Kingdom, "Evaluation of the Commission’s Impact Assessment System"
- Daniel Wachter, Federal Office for Spatial Development (ARE), Switzerland, "Identifying and Comparing Effects across the Economic, Environmental and Social Dimensions–SIA method of the Swiss Confederation"
- Hélène Connor, HELIO International, NGO, "Assessment Tools"
- Colin Kirkpatrick, University of Manchester, UK, "Trade SIA, Experience and Challenges"
- Kristiaan Henrix, Federal Public Planning Service, "SIA in Belgium"
- Teresa Fogelberg, Global Reporting Initiaive (GRI), "Tracking Sustainability Performance of the Corporate and Public Sector"
- Robin Miège, European Commission, DG Environment, "The Impact Assessment Board of the European Commission"
- Candice Stevens, OECD, "Sustainability Assessment Methodologies"