The GGKP hosted its inaugural conference on 12-13 January 2012 at the Four Seasons Mexico D.F. in Mexico City. The conference assessed the state of knowledge on green growth and has launched an ambitious agenda for further practical research.
Speech by the OECD Secretary-General (in Spanish) Discurso Inaugural de la Conferencia de la Plataforma de Conocimientos sobre el Crecimiento Verde (GGKP), 11 de enero de 2012, México DF, México.
Sessions were held on the following themes:
- Welfare measurement + performance metrics
- Infrastructure and urban development
- Green growth and trade
- Green growth, technology, and innovation
- Green employment
- Natural resource management/investing in natural capital
- Behavioral economics and green growth
See full programme.
Papers and documents from the conference are available on the GGKP website under the ‘Documents’ tab (not to be cited without the express permission of the authors).
The following OECD publications and reports were showcased at the conference:
- A Framework for Assessing Green Growth Policies, Economics Department Working Paper, no 685 (2010)
- A Welfare Analysis of Climate Change Mitigation Policies, Economics Department Working Paper, no 908 (2011)
- Employment Impacts Of Climate Change Mitigation Policies In OECD: A General-Equilibrium Perspective, Environment Working Paper no. 32 (2011)
- Enabling Local Green Growth: Addressing Climate Change Effects on Employment and Local Development (2011)
- Greening Jobs and Skills: Labour Market Implications of Addressing Climate Change, LEED Working Paper Series (2010)
- Moving Towards Green Growth: Implications for the Least Developed Countries (Forthcoming Working Paper)
- Private Sector Engagement in Adaptation to Climate Change: Approaches to Managing Climate Risks, Environment Working Paper no. 39 (2011)
- Regional Trade Agreements and the Environment, Trade and Environment Working Paper 2011/01 (2011)
- Trade in Services Related to Climate Change, Trade and Environment Working Paper 2011/03 (2011)
- Trade-Related Measures Based on Processes and Production Methods in the Context of Climate-Change Mitigation, Trade and Environment Working Paper 2011/04 (2011)
Green Growth Knowledge Platform