Most meetings listed below are closed to the public and mentioned only as a guide to current OECD activities.
Upcoming Events in 2013
Recently added events (Last update: 12/11/2013)
(2013 is the United Nation's International Year of Water Cooperation.)
||The 19th session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC and the 9th session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol will take place from 11 to 22 November. The conference will be held at the National Stadium in Warsaw, Poland. The OECD delegation is led by Simon Upton, Director, Environment Directorate.
||The FEEM International Conference on “Methodologies and Indicators for Green Growth Measurement” takes place in Milan, Italy. The FEEM Sustainability Index will be presented which aims to provide a quantitative measurement of sustainability, connecting theoretical background, practical assessment and policy perspectives. Paul Schreyer, Deputy Director, OECD Statistics Directorate will be a speaker at this event.
||An inaugural World Forum on Natural Capital is held in Edinburgh, Scotland. It will build on the significant private sector interest shown at the United Nations Earth Summit in Rio in June 2012 and the many developments that have taken place since.
||The Green Growth & Sustainable Development Forum, OECD Conference Centre in Paris, France.
2013 past events
- 7-9/11/2013 - Third Green Industry Conference by UNIDO in Guangzhou, China.
- 7-8/11/2013 - 2nd Meeting of the OECD Initiative on Water Governance, OECD Conference Centre in Paris, France.
- 4-7/11/2013 - UNEP Green Economy Week took place in Geneva, Switzerland with the aim of taking stock of the major products generated by UNEP and its partners over the last year. Among others, UNEP’s Green Economy Assessment Report, country studies and a publication on Green Economy Indicators were presented and reviewed by an expert group.
- 23/10/2013 - International Conference on Joining Forces to Develop Smart, Cost-Effective Urban Water Utilities in Tel Aviv.
- 21-22/10/2013 - The Global Green Growth Forum – 3GF, in Copenhagen, Denmark focuses on improving resource efficiencies in the value chain. It convenes governments, businesses, investors and international organisations to act together for inclusive green growth. Rintaro Tamaki, OECD Deputy Secretary-General and Simon Upton, Director, Environment Directorate of the OECD will be speakers at this event.
- 20/10/2013 - Mayors Forum: Urban Green Growth in Dynamic Asia, in Kitakyushu, Japan. Rintaro Tamaki, OECD Deputy Secretary-General chairs this Forum where leaders of Asian and OECD cities come together to share experiences on urban green growth.
- 18/10/2013 - The OECD Green Cities Case Study of Kitakyushu, Japan is launched in Kitakyushu, Japan by Rolf Alter, Director, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD. The event - alongside the Mayors Forum below - is taking place in the context of the Eco Month in Kitakyushu.
- 17-19/10/2013 - ADB Institute workshop entitled "Strengthening Policies and Practices for Low-Carbon Green Growth in South Asia and Central Asia" in Bangalore, India.
- 7-10/10/2013 - GOAL 2013 - Global Aquaculture Conference held in Paris, France. Carl-Christian Schmidt of the OECD will give a presentation titled “Green Growth and Implications for Fisheries and Aquaculture.”
- 30/09/2013 - Presentation of the OECD LEED Brandenburg Report entitled "Indicators of Local Transition to a Low Carbon Economy Airport Region BER" in Berlin, Germany.
- 23-24/09/2013 - The Climate Change Expert Group (CCXG) Global Forum, Paris, France.
- 20-21/09/2013 - 2013 Environmental Conference in Paris, France, organised by the French Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy.
- 1-6/09/2013 - World Water Week, with the launch of two OECD reports: “Water Security: Managing Risks and Tradeoffs” and “Water and Climate Change Adaptation: Policies to Navigate Unchartered Waters” by OECD Secretary-General. Stockholm, Sweden.
- 15-25/07/13 - International Summer School for cooperation and local development, organised within the framework of the OECD Leed Programme (Local Economic and Employment Development: "Community and local development building strategies for local development". Trento, Italy.
- 10/07/13 - Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship, the Triple Helix and Local Economic Development, workshop organised by the LEED Programme (Local Economic and Employment Development) as Part of the Triple Helix Conference. London, UK.
- 12/06/2013 - DAC Development Debate (the “ZEN approach to post 2015”).
- 10-11/06/2013 - Global Green Growth Summit 2013, Incheon City, Korea: GGGI.
- 5/06/2013 - Launch of OECD's report on "Putting Green Growth at the Heart of Development".
- 5/06/2013 - World Environment Day. See OECD's work on Environment.
- 3-4/06/2013 - Green Growth Practitioners Workshop, Indonesia.
- 31/05/2013 - 5th International Economic Forum on Latin America and the Caribbean 2013.
- 29/05/2013 - Launch of OECD Economic Outlook. News conference.
- 28-30/05/2013 - OECD week, including OECD annual Forum and Council ministerial meetings. Closing news conference on 30/5. Media events.
- The Asian and Pacific Energy Forum (APEF 2013). Vladivostok, Russian Federation.
- 23-24/05/2013 - Launch of the OECD Green Growth in Cities publication at the international conference “Cities and Green Growth - Urban Evolution” in Stockholm, Sweden, co-hosted by the OECD and the City of Stockholm.
- 22-24/05/2013 - ‘Funding Transport’ - International Transport Forum’s 2013 Summit. Leipzig, Germany.
- 24/04/2013 - OECD/BIAC Workshop: Green Growth in the Agro-Food Chain: What Role for the Private Sector? Paris, France.
- 19-21/04/2013 - World Bank and International Monetary Fund Spring meetings. Washington D.C., USA.
- 4-7/04/2013 - Institute for New Economic Thinking annual plenary conference, hosted by OECD Forum Knowledge Partner, the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET) and co-sponsored by the Fung Global Institute. Hong Kong, People's Republic of China.
- 4-5/04/2013 - Green Growth Knowledge Platform.
- 24-26/03/2013 - France BioVision – The World Life Sciences Forum, dedicated to improving Human Capacities; Feeding the Planet; Collective Intelligence; Generic Medicine; Lifestyle Diseases; Microorganism risks/benefits. Lyon, France.
- 09/03/2013 - Workshop on Global Value Chains, Development and Competitiveness.
- 5-6/03/2013 - Expert meeting on green growth indicators, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 15-16/02/2013 - G20 finance ministers and Central Bank Governors ministerial meeting. Moscow, Russian Federation. Participation of the OECD Secretary-General.
- 13-14/02/2013 - Growth, Innovation and Competitiveness – Maximising the benefits of Knowledge-based Capital, with presentation by the Secretary-General of OECD's New Sources of Growth Project. Conference organised by the Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry.
- 23-27/01/2013 - World Economic Forum, with participation of the OECD Secretary-General. Davos, Switzerland.
>> 2012 events
>> 2011/2010 events
>> More OECD events
OECD work on green growth
Green Growth news and articles