OECD Home › Public governance › Public employment and management › Latest Documents
English, , 468kb
This report contains recommendations for a further development of the pay setting arrangements in the central government sector in the Netherlands.
This book takes stock of the past two decades of public sector modernisation in OECD countries. It identifies levers for reform to modernise the public sector and defines different policy paths with the common objectives of making the public sector more responsive, transparent, and efficient.
- Policy Brief : Public Sector Modernisation: The Way Forward
- Policy Brief : Public Sector Modernisation: Modernising Accountability and Control
- Policy Brief : Public Sector Modernisation: Open Government
- Policy Brief : Public Sector Modernisation: Governing for Performance
- Policy brief: Public Sector Modernisation: Changing Organisational Structures
- Policy Brief: Public Sector Modernisation: Modernising Public Employment
- Policy Brief: Public Sector Modernisation
Governance is the next issue the People’s Republic of China needs to tackle. This report shows how governance impacts on public action by looking at different policy sectors, takes stock of the progress made in public management and public finance, and explores policy options for the future.
English, , 43kb
Glossary of performance-related pay terms.
Organised as part of the 28th Session of the Public Management Committee, the Symposium on The New Public Executive enabled Committee members to discuss how governments can met the challenges of acquiring, forming and motivating the next generation of senior managers.
English, , 243kb
This paper gives a brief overview of reforms of the senior civil service across 12 OECD member countries. The point of departure is the distinction between the two types of civil service systems: career-based and position-based.
Please see here for a list of OECD publications on public employment and management.
Joint OECD - Korean government conference. Seoul, Korea, 2-3 May 2002.
Information on a OECD/Germany High-level Symposium, "Governing for Performance in the Public Sector", Berlin, 13-14 March 2002
This page provides links to websites on human resources management.