The regional Senior Budget Officials network for Latin America was launched in 2003. It is was initially hosted annually by the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) in Santiago, Chile. Since 2012, it is jointly managed with the Inter-American Development Bank. The Network members are budget directors and other senior budget officials from countries in the region including Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. The Network’s main goal is to create a forum where budget directors from Latin America and Caribbean can discuss common problems, challenges, and share experiences.
- 21-23 May, 2014, Guayaquil, Equator
- 15-16 April, 2013, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-30 May, 2012, Panamá
- 4-6 April, 2011, Kingston, Jamaica
The regional SBO network for Latin America is also involved in the symposia on accountability and control that are organised in the region in co-operation with the Government of Spain and the Experts Group on Accountability and Control.
- Third symposium (Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, 18-20 October 2006)
- Second symposium (La Antigua, Guatemala, 17-19 October 2005)
- First symposium (La Antigua, Guatemala, 10-14 November 2003)