The OECD has advanced work in a number of areas including: administrative simplification; regulatory compliance and enforcement; regulatory impact assessment; transparency and communication; and alternatives to regulation through the Regulatory Policy Committee.
The Regulatory Policy Committee (RPC) was created by the OECD Council on 22 October 2009 to assist member and non-member economies in building and strengthening their regulatory reform efforts. It is a platform to help countries adapt regulatory policies, tools and institutions, learning from each other’s experience. The Regulatory Policy Division in the OECD serves as the Secretariat of the RPC and carries out the work programme of the RPC. The Bureau members provide detailed direction to the OECD Secretariat on issues of management and the planning of the Programme of Work.
Overarching objectives of the Committee:
- promote strategic, evidence-based and innovative public policy outcomes by identifying, developing, and disseminating a global vision for regulatory policy and governance;
- support efforts across the whole of government and within its branches to design and deliver effective, efficient and equitable regulatory frameworks;
- strengthen public governance through regulatory policy leading to high quality, fit-for-purpose laws and regulations that ensure transparency, legitimacy, accountability and respect for the rule of law.
To date, 17 meetings of the RPC have taken place:
- 17th Session of the RPC, 7-8 November 2017
- 16th Session of the RPC, 26-27 April 2017
- 15th Session of the RPC, 3-4 November 2016
- 14th Session of the RPC, 13-14 April 2016
- 13th Session of the RPC, 6 November 2015
- 12th Session of the RPC, 15-16 April 2015
- 11th Session of the RPC, 3-4 November 2014
- 10th Session of the RPC, 14-15 April 2014
- 9th Session of the RPC, 12-13 November 2013
- 8th Session of the RPC, 22-23 April 2013
- 7th Session of the RPC, 19-20 November 2012
- 6th Session of the RPC, 11-12 April 2012
- 5th Session of the RPC, 3-4 November 2011
- Workshop on the Role of Impact Assessments in Policy Making, 2 November 2011
- Special Session of the RPC and MENA-OECD Governance Programme Working Group IV, 2 November 2011
- 4th Session of the RPC, 13-14 April 2011
- 3rd Session of the RPC, 28-29 October 2010
- 2nd Session of the RPC, 14-15 April 2010
- 1st Session of the RPC, 9 November 2009
For more information, please contact Celine Kauffmann.
Read more about
» Regulatory policy and governance