How many OECD countries have a requirement to systematically quantify the expected costs and benefits of new regulations? How many countries systematically take social concerns into account when preparing new regulation? What countries have a programme to measure and reduce bureaucracy imposed on businesses and citizens? How many Countries have a Minister in charge of the regulatory reform agenda?
The OECD surveys on countries’ regulatory management systems (RMS) conducted in 1998, 2005 and 2008 answer these, and many other questions. Almost 200 indicators offer comprehensive insights into trends in regulatory reform and identify leading regulatory management practices. They are complementary to the OECD in-depth country reviews (e.g., OECD-EU15 project; Reviews on regulatory reform) and contribute to the flagship publication Government at a Glance.
- Administrative simplification and burden reduction
- Regulatory impact assessments
- Transparency and access to information
- Consultation practices
- Drivers of regulatory reform
- Institutional settings and regulatory oversight bodies
- Consideration of alternatives to regulation
- Compliance and enforcement issues
These workshops are part of an annual series of expert workshops on measuring regulatory performance.
- Indicators of Regulatory Management Systems: Country Notes, May 2011
- Indicators of Regulatory Management Systems, full report, December 2009
- Countries should focus on the quality of regulations for a sustainable recovery, says OECD, January 2010
- Assessing the Impact of Regulatory Management Systems, Working Paper No. 17, May 2010
- Policy Brief: Improving the Quality of Regulations, Policy Brief, November 2009, (pdf)
- Policy Brief: Measuring Regulatory Quality, Policy Brief, April 2008, (pdf)
- Indicators of Regulatory Management Systems, Working Paper No. 4, OECD, 2007, (pdf)
- Recommendations and Guidelines on Regulatory Policy
- 2009 Questionnaire (pdf)
- 2008 Questionnaire (pdf)
- 2005 Questionnaire (pdf)
- 1998 Questionnaire (pdf)
For further information, please contact Christiane.email@example.com or Helge.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookmark this page www.oecd.org/regreform/indicators
The Use of Perception Surveys in OECD Countries
Cutting Red Tape
RIA & Alternatives to Regulation
Joint OECD/EU Initiative - The EU15 Country Reviews
Indicators of Product Market Regulation Homepage
Government at a Glance 2011