Budgeting and public expenditures
The OECD Framework for the Governance of Infrastructure
Getting Infrastructure Right: The 10 Key Governance Challenges and Policy Options
High-quality public infrastructure supports growth, improves well-being and generates jobs. Yet, infrastructure investment is complex, and getting from conception to construction and operation is a long road fraught with obstacles and pitfalls. This OECD survey of the state of infrastructure policy making highlights a number of challenges that all countries face.
What are the 10 main governance challenges?
- Develop a strategic vision for infrastructure
- Manage the integrity and corruption threats throughout the project
- Choose how to deliver the infrastructure
- Ensure good regulatory design
- Integrate a consultation process
- Co-ordinate infrastructure policy across levels of government
- Guard affordability and value for money
- Generate, analyse and disclose useful data
- Make sure the asset performs throughout its life
- Public infrastructure needs to be resilient