The Tunisian Ministry of Finance and the National School of Finance hosted the fifth annual meeting of the MENA-OECD Senior Budget Officials. The meeting was chaired by H.E. Mr. Slim Besbes, Minister of Finance, Tunisia and co-chaired by Mr. Mårten Blix, Director, Prime Minister's office, Sweden.
Thursday 15 November 2012
- H.E. Mr. Abderrahman LADGHAM, Deputy Prime Minister for Governance and Combating Corruption, Tunisia.
- H.E. Mr. Jens Uwe PLÖTNER, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Germany to the Republic of Tunisia.
Country Presentation: Budgeting in Tunisia
Presentation by H.E. Mrs. Faouzia SAID, Présidente du Comité Général du Budget, Ministry of Finance, Tunisia.
Building Sound Foundations for Budgeting
Presentation and notes by Mr. Åke HJALMARSSON, President of the Budget Committee of the Council of Europe, and Director (ret.), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Sweden.
Best Practices for Budget Transparency
Presentations by Mr. Knut KLEPSVIK, Senior Policy Analyst, Budgeting and Public Expenditures Division, OECD, and Mr. Vivek RAMKUMAR, Manager, Open Budget Initiative, International Budget Partnership (IBP).
The Role of Parliaments in the Budget Process
Presentations by Mr. Mostafa ASKARI, Director General/Assistant Parliamentary Budget Officer, Economic and Fiscal Analysis, Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer, Canada, Mr. Simon MOUAWAD (in Arabic), General Director, Head, Parliamentary Advisory Unit, National Assembly of Lebanon, and Mr. Nejib JERIDI (in Arabic), Westminster Foundation for Democracy Country Manager, Tunisia.
Friday 16 November 2012
Roundtable on Performance Budgeting: Where are we coming from? Where are we going?
Lead presentation by Mr. Martin KELLENERS, Deputy Director General, DG Budget, Ministry of Finance, Germany.
Presentation of country experiences by
- Mr. Hakan AY, Head of Department, Budget Policy and International Affairs, General Directorate of Budget and Fiscal Control, Ministry of Finance Turkey.
- Mr. Youssef FARHAT (in French), Deputy Budget Director, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Morocco.
- Ms. Mariam AL AQEEL (in English), Manager, Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Kuwait.
- Mr. Bader QAYED (in English), Director, Economic Policy, Strategic Planning and Performance Management and Dr. Mohamed ELSAYED, Economic Policy Advisor, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Qatar.
- Mr. Abderrahmen KHOCHTALI (in French), Director General, Budgeting for Results, Tunisia.
Report by the OECD Secretariat and Future Work Programme
Presentation (in French) by Ms. Amal LARHLID, OECD Secretariat
Closing by H.E. Mr. Slim BESBES, Minister of Finance, Ministry of Finance, Tunisia.
Regional Senior Budget Officials network for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)