The Estonian Ministry of Finance hosted the 8th annual meeting of senior budget officials from central, eastern and south-eastern Europe (CESEE). The meeting was chaired by Ivana Jakir-Bajo, Director, State Budget Execution, Ministry of Finance, Croatia.
Agenda - GOV/PGC/SBO/A(2012)8
Thursday 28 June 2012
- Round table on recent institutional developments in budgeting -- Presentations by the delegates from the Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian and Romanian ministries of Finances.
- Lessons learned from the fiscal crisis and the recovery endeavours -- Presentations by Alexander Lehmann, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, reaction by Veiko Tali, Ministry of Finance of Estonia.
- Workshop A: The role of international organisations in the region -- Presentations by Mira Dovobisek, CEF, Slovenia, Regina Bernhard, GIZ, Germany, Brian Olden, IMF, Alexander Lehman, EBRD, Klas Klaas, OECD Secretariat, Iona Burla, Romania.
- Workshop B: Political commitment to fiscal discipline: is it more important than legal provisions? -- Presentations by Dirk-Jan Kraan, IMF, Kesjana Halili, Albania, Ilonda Stepanova, Latvia.
- OECD Draft Recommentation for the Use of Public-Private Partnerships - C(2012)86 -- Presentations by Ian Hawkesworth, OECD Secretariat, Irena Valkova, Czech Repulbic, Balazs Romhanyi, Hungary.
Friday 29 June 2012
- Recent developments in strengthening fiscal governance in the European Union -- Presentations by Hans Feddersen, EU, Daiva Kamarauskiene, Lithuania, Alexander Cirak, Slovak Republic.
- Panel: Budgeting in the circumstances of austerity measures and slower economic growth -- Presentations by Knut Klepsvik, OECD Secretariat, Ian Hawkesworth, OECD Secretariat, Ivar Sikk, Budget Director, Estonia.
Joint session OECD-CESEE Senior Budget Officials / OECD-WHO on Financial sustainability of health systems in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe (See: GOV/PGC/SBO(2012)3)
- The role of the budget office in maintaining the financial sustainability of health systems -- Presentations by Hanno Pevkur, Minister of Social Affairs, Estonia, Tamas Evetovits, WHO Regional Office for Europe, Edwin Lau, OECD Secretariat.