The 7th annual meeting of the OECD network on performance and results took place on 9-10 November 2011 at the OECD Conference Centre in Paris.
The meeting was chaired by Christian Kastrop, Federal Ministry of Finance, Germany.
Wednesday 9 November 2011
Session 1: Strategies for the use of spending reviews for fiscal consolidation and improved government performance, and the implementation of spending reviews
- The OECD Secretariat: a proposed taxonomy of spending reviews [GOV/PGC/SBO(2011)9].
- David Enns, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Expenditure Management, Canada: lessons from the strategic review process.
- Peter van den Berg, Director, Budget Affairs, Deputy Director General of the Budget, Ministry of Finance, Netherlands.
- Pauliina Pekonen, Budget Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Finland: lessons from the Finnish productivity programme.
- H.E. Chris Barrett, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Australia to the OECD: spending and strategic reviews.
- Julien Dubertret, Budget Director, Ministry of Budget, Public Accounts and Civil Administration, France: fiscal aspects of the Révision générale des politiques publiques.
The Performance Framework of the Australian Government, 1987-2011 - extract of the OECD Journal on Budgeting, Volume 2011/3 - HandHand-Out.
Session 2: Roundtable discussion on the changing role of performance information in management and budget
- The OECD Secretariat: recent public governance trends and the use of performance information.
- Niels Refslund, Chief Advisor, Danish Agency for Governmental Management, Ministry of Finance, Denmark.
Hand-Out - Building on Basics
Session 3: OECD Budgeting Database – draft questionnaire on performance budgeting
Presentation by the OECD Secretariat: draft questions concerning performance information in the budgeting process.
GOV/PGC/SBO(2011)11 - Budgetary institutions that strengthen fiscal policy: Results from the OECD budgeting practices and procedures database.
Hand-Out - Introduction to 2011 OECD performance budgeting survey
Thursday 10 November 2011
Session 4: Progress reports on development of performance management systems in member countries
- The OECD Secretariat: overview of performance budgeting in Poland.
- Kadri Jogiste, Head of Budgeting Methodology and Development Department, Ministry of Finance, Estonia.
Hand-Out - Overview of performance budgeting in Poland - extract of the OECD Journal on Budgeting, Volume 2011/1
Session 5: Making performance information public: use it or useless?
- Elliott Ball, Performance and Reform Unit, HM Treasury, United Kingdom.
- Andrew Gravener, Parliamentary Scrutiny Unit, United Kingdom.
- David Enns, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Expenditure Management, Canada.
- Kevin Page, Parliamentary Budget Officer, Parliament of Canada, Canada.
- Ingvar Mattsson, Head of Secretariat, Finance Committee, Swedish Parliament, Sweden.
Summary record of the meeting ("Highlights")
Senior Budget Officials network on performance and results