AGENDA – GOV/PGC/SBO/A(2013)8
Monday, 25 November 2013
Opening by the Chair and OECD Secretariat, and Delegates introductions.
SESSION 1 - Results of the OECD Review on Strengthening fiscal transparency for better public governance in Tunisia
- Presentation by Ms. Amal LARHLID Director, Governance and Policy, PwC London. (FRENCH)
- Comments by Ms. Faouzia SAID, Budget Director, Ministry of Finance, Tunisia and Mr. Mohammed ZANDA, Ministerial Treasurer, General Treasury of the Kingdom of Morocco.
Background document session 1:
Strengthening Fiscal Transparency for Better Public Governance in Tunisia (OECD Secretariat) - (ARABIC, ENGLISH, FRENCH)
SESSION 2 - Energy subsidies – Building a positive reform agenda
- Mr. Philippe KARAM, Deputy Director, Middle East Center for Economics and Finance (CEF), International Monetary Fund (IMF). (ENGLISH)
- Mr. Jehan SAUVAGE,Trade Policy Analyst, Environment Division, Trade and Agriculture Division, OECD. (ENGLISH)
Background documents session 2:
IMF - MENA Note– Energy Subsidies in the Middle East and North Africa: Lessons for Reform - (ARABIC, ENGLISH, FRENCH)
IMF - Regional Economic Outlook Nov 2013 - Chapter 2 Box 2.4 - Subsidy Reform in MENA: Recent Progress and Challenges Ahead - (ARABIC, ENGLISH)
OECD - Inventory of Estimated Budgetary Support and Tax Expenditures for Fossil Fuels, 2013 - (ENGLISH)
OECD – Policy Brief – An OECD-Wide Inventory of Support to Fossil-Fuel Production or Use - (ENGLISH)
SESSION 3 - Building consensus for budget reform - Lessons from Austria
- Presentation by Mr. Gerhard STEGER, Director-General of Budget and Public Finance, Austria and Chair of the OECD Working Party of Senior Budget Officials (SBO). (ENGLISH)
Background document session 3:
Budget Reform in Austria: From traditional to modern budgeting - (ENGLISH)
SESSION 4 - Expenditure prioritization and performance budgeting
- Presentation by Mr. Marc ROBINSON, Partner, PFM Results Consulting. (ENGLISH)
- Country case study by Mr. Christopher WALES, Lead Advisor, Tax Policy and Administration, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, former member, Council of Economic Advisers, HM Treasury, United Kingdom.
Background documents session 4
Hand-out 2 - Budget processes for good expenditure prioritization (ENGLISH)
GOV/PGC/SBO(2013)6 - Spending reviews (ENGLISH, FRENCH)
Tuesday, 26 November 2013
SESSION 5 - Roundtable on medium term expenditure frameworks
- Overview presentation by Mr. Ronnie DOWNES, Deputy Head of Division, Budgeting and Public Expenditures Division, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD. (ENGLISH)
Presentation of country experiences
- Mr. Bader AL QAYED, Director of Strategic Planning and Performance Management, mnistry of Finance, Qatar, and Mr. Mohamed GABER ELSAYED, Economic Advisor, ministry of Finance, Qatar. (ARABIC)
- Mr. Seung Hyun HONG, Head, Centre for Fiscal Analysis, Korean Institute of Public Finance (KIPF), Korea. (ENGLISH)
- Ms. Su’ad YOUSIF, Senior Economist, Department of Finance, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (ARABIC)
- Mr. Ahmed AL-EDWAN, Advisor, General Budget Department, Jordan. (ARABIC)
SESSION 6 - Country presentation: Enhancing budget performance in Qatar
- Lead presentation by Shaikh Saoud AL THANI, Director, Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Qatar. (ARABIC)
SESSION 7 - Wrap-up
Development of OECD Principles on Budgetary Governance.
- Presentation by Mr. Ronnie DOWNES, Deputy Head of Division, Budgeting and Public Expenditures Division, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD. (ENGLISH)
Discussion of future work.
Concluding remarks by Chairman and OECD Secretariat.
Background documents session 7:
Hand-out 1 - Towards “OECD High-Level Principles of Budgetary Governance” – First orientations for a set of core standards and principles (OECD Secretariat) - (ENGLISH)
2012 OECD Budgeting Practices and Procedures Survey (OECD Secretariat) - (ENGLISH)
To access the presentations in English, please click here.
To access the presentations in Arabic, please click here.
To access the presentation in French, please clich here.