The OECD network of Senior Budget Officials from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European Countries (CESEE SBO) was established in The Hague, Netherlands, at a meeting hosted by the Dutch Ministry of Finance on 10-11 November 2004.
The meeting was chaired by Mr. Richard Emery, Assistant Director of the Office of Management and Budget, Executive Office of the President of the United States. It opened with a welcoming address by Mr. Gerrit Zalm, Minister of Finance of the Netherlands.
Budget reviews of Romania and of Slovenia were presented by the OECD Secretariat.
Introduction by the Dutch Minister of Finance, Mr. Gerrit Zalm
Reform of the budget process: the case for peer review and regional SBO networks
• Presentation by the OECD Secretariat
Experiences and lessons in budget reform
• Presentation by Jon Blondal, OECD Secretariat
• Reaction by the representative of the United Kingdom
Financial reporting and cash management
• Presentation by J. Tebbens and R. Bröcheler, Ministry of Finance, Netherlands
• Case studies to be discussed in working parties
Workshops: multi-year expenditure estimates; agencies; programme budgeting
• Presentation by John Zevenbergen, Ecorys Research & Consulting
• Panel discussion with delegates and international experts