Bookmark this page: www.oecd.org/iherd
About IHERD | Objectives | Expected outcomes
Events | Partnership | Contact
The OECD Project on Higher Education and Research for Development (IHERD) is supported by a voluntary contribution from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
IHERD consists of two sub-programmes:
(1) The Institutional Management and Higher Education Policies, which reports to the Governing Board of the Programme on Management in Higher Education (IMHE) in the Directorate for Education (EDU); and
(2) The Research and Innovation Policy sub-programme, which reports directly to the Committee for Science and Technological Policy (CSTP) in the Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry (DSTI).
The overall objective of the programme is to increase strategic and coherent investments in innovation, higher education and research on a global level for economic development. It will aim to extend the existing body of knowledge and the experience and the policy networks of the OECD to developing countries, in the context of the current and future priorities of the Organisation in this field.
Specific objective: to raise awareness and increase knowledge of policy and management instruments in higher education, research and innovation, and share this knowledge so that countries are better able to plan, produce and use research for sustainable economic development and growth.
- Strengthening the global research base regarding strategic choices of investment strategies related to innovation, research and higher education;
- Increasing knowledge amongst civil servants and managers in ministries and higher education institutions dealing with the research sector;
- Increasing the level of a system-oriented implementation approach in research support to low- and middle-income countries;
- Increasing coherence both within the donor community and with national and regional policies with regard to investments in higher education, research and innovation.
- 20/21 September 2012, Paris, France: Expert meeting on "Public Research Funding Landscapes", to be held back to back with the IMHE General Conference 2012 (17-19 September)
- 10/13 Octobre 2012 - Boston, USA: OECD Program on Innovation, Higher Education,Research and Development (IHERD) and Center for International Higher Education (CIHE), Boston College
- 27 February/1 March 2013 - Kuala Lumpur: Workshop on Effectiveness of Research and Innovation Management at Policy and Institutional Levels
- 1/2 July 2013 - Marseille, France: Increasing evidence-based approaches in the design and implementation of innovation and research policy in developing countries
- 19/20 September 2013 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Expert meeting on implementing research and innovation policy at policy and institutional levels in Africa
- 8/9 October 2013 - Dakar, Senegal: Atelier-rencontre sur l’efficacité de la R&D au niveau des politiques et pratiques institutionnelles en Afrique francophone
- 10 December 2013 - Stockholm - Sweden: Nordic expert meeting on the changing landscape of innovation, higher education and research and the implications for development
For more information in IHERD, please contact email@example.com