The OECD regularly publishes annual reports produced and submitted by OECD member countries.
These annual reports are the only regularly published inventory of consumer policy measures in OECD member countries. The submissions of Member countries are generally structured to review the following issues:
- Institutional developments
- Product safety
- Protection of the economic interests of consumers
- Consumer education and information
- Complaints and redress handling
- Consumer issues related to other policy areas
The reports constitute a unique source of information for government, researchers, consumer advocates and members of the business community interested in following consumer policy developments in OECD member countries.