The Secretary-General was in Moscow on 17th - 18th January 2013 on an official visit. He held meetings with:
- Mr. Dmitry Medvedev, Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation
- Mr. Igor Shuvalov, First Deputy Prime Minister
- Mr. Andrey Denisov, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mr. Maxim Topilin, Minister of Labour and Social Development
- Mr. Andrei Belousov, Minister for Economic Development
- Mr. Anton Germanovich Siluanov, Finance Minister
- Mr. Sergei Donskoi, Minister of Natural Resources and Environment
During his visit, Mr. Gurría delivered a keynote address on “Modernising Russia in a challenging global environment” at the Gaidar Forum-2013, an International Research and Policy Conference on "Russia and the World: Challenges of Integration", organised by the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration in Moscow (RANEPA). At this Forum, the Secretary-General also launched the Russian version of the OECD “Better Life Index” (BLI).
Mr. Gurría also attended a Dinner of the B20 Task Force on Improving Transparency and Anti-Corruption, where he delivered remarks “From Corporate Compliance to Collective Action”.