During his official visit, OECD Secretary-General will meet with Prime Minister Kan and members of the Japanese government to discuss how the OECD could support Japan in the aftermath of the Tohoku events. He will also present the latest Economic Survey of Japan, meet with the Keindanren representatives, including Mr. Katsutoshi Saito, Vice Chairman of the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD (BIAC), as well as with the Chair of the Japanese Trade Union Confederation (RENGO), Mr. Nobuaki Koga, and members of the Diet. Mr. Angel Gurría will also discuss a range of key policy issues with government officials, including:
- Mr. Banri Kaieda, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Mr. Yoshihiko Noda, Minister of Finance
- Mr. Takeaki Matsumoto, Foreign Minister
- Mr. Yoshiaki Takaki, Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Mr. Masaaki Shirakawa, Governor of Bank of Japan
For further information, journalists are invited to contact the OECD media's Division (tel: +33(1) 45 12 49 70).