Corruption dans les marchés internationaux
Data on Enforcement of the Anti-Bribery Convention
29 September 2014 - This enforcement data has been collected from the Parties to the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention Decisions on Foreign Bribery Cases from 1999 to December 2013. The enforcement data includes the number of criminal, administrative and civil cases of foreign bribery that have resulted in a final disposition, such as a criminal conviction or acquittal, or similar findings under an administrative or civil procedure.
Highlights from the 2013 data
- 333 individuals and 111 entities have been sanctioned under criminal proceedings for foreign bribery in 17 Parties between the time the convention entered into force in 1999 and the end of 2013.
- At least 87 of the sanctioned individuals were sentenced to prison for foreign bribery.
- At least 98 individuals and 132 entities have been sanctioned in criminal, administrative and civil cases for other offences related to foreign bribery, such as money-laundering or accounting, in 7 Parties.
- Approximately 390 investigations are ongoing in 24 Parties to the Anti-Bribery Convention.
- Prosecutions are ongoing against 130 individuals and 12 entities in 11 Parties for offences under the Convention.
Published for the first time in 2010, the enforcement data is updated regularly by the Working Group on Bribery.
Consult our annual reports for more information about the implementation and enforcement of the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention.