Short address for this page: www.oecd.org/sti/digitalcontent
Key recommendations/policy guidance
The OECD’s Working Party on the Information Economy (WPIE) does work on developments, trends and policy implications surrounding digital content.
- Local Content: Understanding the Relationship between Local Content, Internet Infrastructure and Access Prices
- A workshop on public sector information was held in February 2008 to prepare the OECD Recommendation on Public Sector Information.
- OECD Information Technology Outlook 2008. Chapter 5 (“Digital Content in Transition”) focuses on user-created content, a set of creative industries (online computer and video games, film and video and music) and online advertising. It builds on OECD studies on the digital content sector and the results of the “OECD-Canada Technology Foresight Forum on the Participative Web: Strategies and Policies for the Future”.
- OECD-Canada Technology Foresight Forum on the Participative Web: Strategies and Policies for the Future. This first international policy forum on the participative web brought together experts from around the world to address related questions on 3 October 2007 in Ottawa, Canada.
- OECD Workshop on Access to Public Sector Information and Content. The OECD held a workshop on increasing the access to public sector information (PSI, e.g., geographical and meteorological data, libraries, archives, museums). The public sector is a large producer of content with major potential for digitisation and new commercial and non-commercial applications and value-added services. A summary of this workshop is available here.
In September 2006 the OECD held a workshop on Online Audiovisual Services, Film and Video: Issues for Achieving Growth and Policy Objectives. A summary of the workshop can be found here
The OECD held a Roundtable on Communications Convergence, co-hosted by the UK OFCOM (Office of Communications) and UK Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). Please click here for the Roundtable website
For further information on this project, please write to email@example.com.
Recommendation of the OECD Council on Broadband Development
Summary of OECD Working Party on the Information Economy Work Programme on Broadband Content
Broadband audio-visual services : Market developments in OECD Countries
The implications of convergence for regulation of electronic communications
Next generation network development in OECD countries
Competition in the Video Programming Distribution Market: Implications for Regulators