Industrie et mondialisation
84th Session of the Steel Committee, Paris, 5-6 March 2018
World economic outlook and steel market developments
World economic outlook
Presentation by the Secretariat of the Economics Department on the world economic situation and the latest OECD forecasts for the global economy.
Global steel markets: current situation and short-term outlook
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the current steel market situation.
- Presentation by the World Steel Association on the short-range outlook for steel demand.
Recent developments in steelmaking capacity
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the latest developments in steelmaking capacity.
- Presentation by Wood Mackenzie on steelmaking capacity data and forecasts for capacity over the coming years.
Steel trade and trade policy developments
- Presentation by Secretariat on the latest developments in trade and trade policies (including non-tariff measures) in the steel industry.
Market developments and trade restrictions in steelmaking raw materials
Trade distorting measures in steel and steelmaking raw materials
- Presentation by the Trade and Agriculture Directorate on work proposed to the Working Party of the OECD Trade Committee on trade distorting measures in steel and steelmaking raw materials.
Steelmaking raw materials
State enterprises in the steel sector
- Presentation by the Secretariat on revisions to the document on state enterprises in steel.
- Update by the Directorate for Financial and Enterprise Affairs on recent developments in OECD work on State-Owned Enterprises in the global market place.
Update on selected international discussions on steel
- Presentation by the IEA on the Global Iron & Steel Technology Roadmap.
- Update on the Global Forum on Steel Excess Capacity.
Subsidies and other forms of government support
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the progress in developing an inventory of subsidies and other forms of government support measures in the steel sector.
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the draft guidelines on subsidies and other government support measures.
Regional steel market developments: reports by industry
Also AvailableEgalement disponible(s)