19 April 2013 – Washington D.C., USA
Government, business, trade and civil society representatives came together at this panel session to discuss the first year of implementation following the .
Discussions focused on:
- delivering constructive solutions to issues arising from alleged non-observance of the Guidelines
- efforts to improve mediation capacities of National Contact Points
- specific projects on responsible business conduct in the financial and extractive sectors
- lessons learned and outreach activities
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of International Trade Union Confederation
- Adam Greene, Vice President, Labor Affairs/Corporate Responsibility & Governance, U.S. Council for International Business
- Marie-France Houde, Senior Economist, OECD Investment Division
- Joseph Wilde-Ramsing, Senior Researcher, OECD Watch
- Alan Yu, United States National Contact Point for the Guidelines
The panel was chaired by Alan Yu.
2013 World Bank/IMF Civil Society Policy Forum
2013 World Bank/IMF Spring Meetings