23-24 June 2010 - Cairo, Egypt
This regional meeting was organised jointly by the OECD, the Hawkamah Institute of Corporate Governance and the Egyptian Institute of Directors. Discussions focused on:
- creating a level playing field between SOEs and the private sector
- the role of the state as an owner
- the organisation of the ownership function within the state administration
- the ownership policy of the state
- the accountability of the ownership function
Opening addresses were given by Mr. Grant Kirkpatrick, Head of OECD Corporate Affairs Division and Dr. Ashraf Gamal, Executive Director, Egyptian Institute of Directors.
Over 60 participants attended the meeting from 11 MENA countries as well as regional international organisations such as the European Commission, International Finance Corporation, Transparency International, United Nations Development Programme, Center for International Private Enterprise, etc.
Related documents and links