Empowering E-Consumers: Strengthening Consumer Protection in the Internet Economy
Held in Washington, D.C., on 8-10 December 2009
The world of electronic commerce has evolved dramatically since 1999, when the OECD issued its first Guidelines for e-Consumer Protection . How effective are they 10 years later? What new opportunities, obstacles and risks face e-consumers? How can consumer trust be strengthened? Senior government officials from OECD and non-member economies, representatives from business, civil society, international organisations, and academics discussed these and related issues at the Conference.
• E-commerce trends and the outlook
• Role and effectiveness of international guidelines
• E-commerce regulatory frameworks
• New developments in B2C commerce
• Mobile commerce
• Consumer-to-consumer online transactions
• Online digital products issues
• Participative web issues
On 8 December, in the morning, civil society and the business community met to discuss issues in advance of the conference.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Permanent URL: www.oecd.org/sti/econsumerconference